No Multi Tasking windows on T-Mobile Note 2

popologuy

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Just checked out the Note 2 at the store: it does not have the multitasking split window! Guys at the store think it's coming in an update.

Deaj

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I hope it's only a matter of waiting for an update. To be honest I wasn't using this much on my unlocked Note II and I'm not missing it much on the T-Mobile Note II. This said I was finding multi window to be of some use. Let's hope it's on its way soon.

geekgirrrl

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it should be available, via YouTube "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpyGzMAVhfc" via lockergnome post date Oct 24, 2012. Excellent phone after years with my HTC HD w/ dual boot Android cooked-roms I decided the GNote2 was the best device for me and my Nexus 7.

vltchkr

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Posted this in another thread but I think this is the right thread to post. "Sorry mods for multiple posts"

Just recieved my note2 yesturday. Multi screen not working. Called samsung tech and they told me I have the updated firmware. Called Tmobile tech support and they have their thumbs up there arses. Tech didnt have a note2 to test. They proceeded to tell me they tested multiscreen with a galaxy s2 and it worked? Been with Tmobile almost 8 years and today I have heard it all

Cultrum

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

Just thought I would chime I in here. I have the note 2 for tmobile and am able to pull up the multitasking screen by holding down the main home screen button for 2-3 seconds. I hope this helps...

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

dponte

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
This is being discussed in the AT&T subforum for the Note2 and in the general Note2 section as well...just FYI.

There is also some confusion when people say 'multitasking'. Here, we are talking about the new feature from Samsung that is enabled via the back button on the Note 2 International models (where multi-window/multi-view is also capable) and the home button on the S3 (where multi-window is NOT available yet, and will come with 4.1.2 in Dec, supposedly).

Check out the post here (from AT&T subforum) for more info, as well as the one in the general Note2 forum: http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-galaxy-note-2/219580-multi-window.html

Jussumguy88

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
At my store the multi tasking window works just fine. I'll be receiving my note 2 in a few days or so. I'll let you know if it works on mine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

dponte

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
At my store the multi tasking window works just fine. I'll be receiving my note 2 in a few days or so. I'll let you know if it works on mine.

Yeah, again, are you talking about the ICS/JB 'screenshot' multitask function OR the Samsung/TouchWiz multitask function (that is on the International Note 2 models w/multi-window + it is also on the USA S3, but without the multi-window function). I doubt you have the latter, if you havea T-Mobile/US model.

Also, 'multi-window' seems to be used the same as 'multi-view'...adding to further confusion, when you read about that around the web,

There is hope that an update (firmware or OS) will come around the time the Verizon model is out (late November). It's been talked about in the VZW and other subforums too -and is featured on the VZW info page for the Note 2 preordering. AT&T/TMob/Sprint haven't marketed it yet, so they may just be releasing without that feature -until then.

Hope to get the AT&T preorder sent by next week. My friend has the Sprint one, and has been occupied enough without the multi-window/task function for now...trust me, this phone is the , I can wait for now.

dponte

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Rumor update:

Verizon's community forum has a 'tester' talking about a test VZW model (which he has to give back within 3 days) and that it he has CONFIRMED the Samsung mutli-window/task feature is on the VZW model.

https://community.verizonwireless.co.../895179#895179

See comment about the Samsung TouchWiz multi-window/tasking feature (#542).

This bodes well for an update to come soon for other carriers...or perhaps by the end of Nov when VZW model is released.

mr.holtz

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
If you check over in the sprint sub section we've got the file available for downoad for the SPRINT VERSION ONLY. Im sure t-mobile will get it soon. The multi window feature is really useful, I find myself using it more than I thought I would. Just be patient.

ade_tobat

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I got multi window lol but no wi-fi calling yet.. ; (
Thx to Jedi X3 :cool:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-11-26-00-01-17.png
    Screenshot_2012-11-26-00-01-17.png
    195.5 KB · Views: 76

prepaidguy9081

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
If u flash xquizit v4 and set up wifi calling then flash v6 with no wipe your wifi calling should work.

Menu is removed in v6 so set it up before you procied to v6

ade_tobat

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
If u flash xquizit v4 and set up wifi calling then flash v6 with no wipe your wifi calling should work.

Menu is removed in v6 so set it up before you procied to v6

I've read the forums but no one hve actually tried it, did u try to flash it?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I hold my home button down and I don't get multi tasking at all.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums
That poster was confused when they mentioned the middle button they where thinking of the tasks switcher but the multi window.

mandyDETH

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Anxiously awaiting this myself. Was rather disappointed when I heard about this (just recently switched from AT&T to TMO), I'm just disappointed because the reason I paid the premium price for the phone initially is for the premium features, and besides the S-Pen, the Multi-Screen was the game changing feature that warranted the extra $100 over any other current-gen smartphone.

prepaidguy9081

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Anxiously awaiting this myself. Was rather disappointed when I heard about this (just recently switched from AT&T to TMO), I'm just disappointed because the reason I paid the premium price for the phone initially is for the premium features, and besides the S-Pen, the Multi-Screen was the game changing feature that warranted the extra $100 over any other current-gen smartphone.

Custum rom
Custum rom
Again
Custum rom
And have a window for each time I said custum rom

Also popup browser and there is a popup video app too.

Im on a tmobile note ii. Ive got multi windo on exqizit rom, jedi rom, international port. And as for wifi calling I had it working on exquizit but I moved to international since I use google talk for voip anyways. Might move back depinding on a google wallet issue. But its reported working. Installs a headach and a half.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

daveyo

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Solved by this: from your home screen press & hold the 'back' button (the hidden/lightup button to the right of the physical home button). Tap the back button again to minimise it.

I had lost the multitasking menu bar and was really annoyed, I thought it had disappeared after a samsung update.