No FM? Can we get it working?

zachavm

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Well once again us Yanks get stiffed on the FM capabilities of a phone. Since this thing is so damn similar, what are the chances someone will get it working? I do know that the radio is about the only thing that's different and that is likely where the FM receiver is. Hopefully it's still there. I honestly don't get why this keeps getting left out. Every once in a while (sporting events mostly) I really have a desire for this.

DSLAM

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I dont know what in the world the deal is with this no FM radio thing. It drives me crazy and it's why I bought an HTC. I want to get the Samsung though. I'm hoping that the hardware is there and can be "unlocked" with the right software. I dont understand why this has to happen. Is there some legal reason?

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I dont know what in the world the deal is with this no FM radio thing. It drives me crazy and it's why I bought an HTC. I want to get the Samsung though. I'm hoping that the hardware is there and can be "unlocked" with the right software. I dont understand why this has to happen. Is there some legal reason?

A ton of devices across manufacturers are skipping enabling the radio. I honestly cannot think of one recent one that has it enabled

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

DSLAM

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
A ton of devices across manufacturers are skipping enabling the radio. I honestly cannot think of one recent one that has it enabled
I think HTC usually has it enabled by default. My Amaze came out of the box with the app ready to go. But the question for the others is why? Why, if the hardware is already there, do they not want people to use it? The phones that have it work fine, why cant the others do it?

prepaidguy9081

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I think theres a fix using the bluetooth antena on xda. Im not certain tho since im a tune in and pandora junky. I listin to alot of nrj and im in the states so yea. Fm no good for me. I also hate comercials and you can get modded pandora 4.0 that has no adds and unlimited skips for free

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE