1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default No FM? Can we get it working?

Well once again us Yanks get stiffed on the FM capabilities of a phone. Since this thing is so damn similar, what are the chances someone will get it working? I do know that the radio is about the only thing that's different and that is likely where the FM receiver is. Hopefully it's still there. I honestly don't get why this keeps getting left out. Every once in a while (sporting events mostly) I really have a desire for this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: No FM? Can we get it working?

Use something like tune in radio? I assume that you are on Unlimited with tmo so that shouldnt be a big deal

Yeah I dont know what in the world the deal is with this no FM radio thing. It drives me crazy and it's why I bought an HTC. I want to get the Samsung though. I'm hoping that the hardware is there and can be "unlocked" with the right software. I dont understand why this has to happen. Is there some legal reason?

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    Use something like tune in radio? I assume that you are on Unlimited with tmo so that shouldnt be a big deal
    +1

Some stations use iheart radio tho
    Tk101 for example
    But this is a good solution

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by DSLAM View Post
    Yeah I dont know what in the world the deal is with this no FM radio thing. It drives me crazy and it's why I bought an HTC. I want to get the Samsung though. I'm hoping that the hardware is there and can be "unlocked" with the right software. I dont understand why this has to happen. Is there some legal reason?
    A ton of devices across manufacturers are skipping enabling the radio. I honestly cannot think of one recent one that has it enabled

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    A ton of devices across manufacturers are skipping enabling the radio. I honestly cannot think of one recent one that has it enabled
    I think HTC usually has it enabled by default. My Amaze came out of the box with the app ready to go. But the question for the others is why? Why, if the hardware is already there, do they not want people to use it? The phones that have it work fine, why cant the others do it?

I think theres a fix using the bluetooth antena on xda. Im not certain tho since im a tune in and pandora junky. I listin to alot of nrj and im in the states so yea. Fm no good for me. I also hate comercials and you can get modded pandora 4.0 that has no adds and unlimited skips for free

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2