switching on LTE option on t-mobile galaxy note

sushanth143

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi friends who ever bought the t-mobile galaxy note can u try this option to check whether u can change the settings for data connection .I have a at&t galaxy s3 where I used to this option to switch off lte to conserve battery .it worked fine.if this process works and u get the options to change connection type then you are good to buy t-mobile galaxy note 2 to use lte on at&t because I heard both t-mobile and at&t note versions has same chip inside but lte is temporarily disabled in t-mobile version .

1) With phone on, take off back cover and press your SIM card so it releases from the spring. It won't come all the way out as it's blocked by the battery. This seems fine - I didn't bother trying to force it out as I didn't want to break anything...
2) Once you see the message that the SIM card is removed, go to the dialer and dial *#2263#
3) You should see a menu with band selections. The current setting is "Automatic". If you switch to "GSM All", you will be EDGE (2G). If you switch to "WCDMA All", you will be on HSPA+ (3G, though AT&T and others call it 4G) and you will have lte too
4) Press the SIM card back into place until it clicks. For whatever reason the phone will not recognize it until you reboot. Upon reboot you should see your new setting in effect.

here is the link for the brief video on how to see that options

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET8AsBvGH4c

please let me know if that option work to switch on LTE so that at&t lte works on it .i cant wait for at&t to release the galaxy note am planning to buy it from t-mobile to access lte on at&t :)

post the screen shots of that thanq

bunky1971

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I dont know how you all figure this stuff out with these codes but it is appreciated that it is shared.. Thanks

jho51e

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
This is the same with the Australian Vodafone Note 2, the LTE/4G is disabled.

I tried the above procedure to enable 4G/LTE however I am unable to remove the sim card without removing the battery hence dont see "sim card removed" :-(

Any other option?

thanks!

kraski

Jan 3, 2009
Visit site
The op is saying the Note, but posting in a Note 2 thread. So which is his tip for? It doesn't seem to work on my T-Mo Note 2. And the linked video is suddenly no longer available. Interesting.