Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By hell_on_heels
  • 1 Post By DroidXcon
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default GN2 or GSIII?

I will soon switch from Sprint after 11 years to T Mobile. I currently have the SGSII. I am looking at the 2 Samsung phones at T Mobile and need feedback.

Is the Note2 too big to carry around as an everyday phone?

Removable storage and a removable battery are important to me. I would like to add Foxfi to add free mobil tethering. I can't imagine how I would use the s pen. Am I missing something?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I hope to get the new phone in the next week or so.

Default Re: GN2 or GSIII?

Gn2,it's big but so worth it. You will like the screen size and surfing the Web.

beast Galaxy Note 2

Cant go wrong with the GN2.... its a beast of a phone...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

i too just left sprint after 12 years. i am now on Tmobile, getting 13-22 Mbps download speeds on my GN2 for 70 monthly. unlimited 4g data, text and talk.

i love it!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Galaxy Note II! The III is old in my opinion. You'll appreciate the faster processor and larger screen! I wouldn't ever hold the phone to my face while I talk on the phone. I would only use a headset or speaker.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Default GN2 or GSIII?

GN2! I just upgraded from the GS3. I'm on the Sprint network. Been on Sprint for 13yrs. They were pretty bad in the beginning...but they have been pretty good for the last 6-7yrs or so. We have AT&T as well. That LTE is awesome. Can't wait till Sprint finally gets it up and running in our area. T-mobile sucks in our area.

Quote Originally Posted by DEAD SE-RIOUS View Post
    GN2! I just upgraded from the GS3. I'm on the Sprint network. Been on Sprint for 13yrs. They were pretty bad in the beginning...but they have been pretty good for the last 6-7yrs or so. We have AT&T as well. That LTE is awesome. Can't wait till Sprint finally gets it up and running in our area. T-mobile sucks in our area.
    I'm gonna get a N2 when They're cheaper. I just got the S3 n we r flat broke. As in, hubby is on work comp, I lost my insurance agent job and I'm working as needed at a nursing home...... broke. Lol. I'm gonna check out the black Friday deals. We r thinking of leaving US cellular cuz they just suck here. Depends on hubby's credit Where we go, mine is bad. Anyone know which ones better? Not sprint.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums

Default GN2 or GSIII?

Quote Originally Posted by hell_on_heels View Post
    I'm gonna get a N2 when They're cheaper. I just got the S3 n we r flat broke. As in, hubby is on work comp, I lost my insurance agent job and I'm working as needed at a nursing home...... broke. Lol. I'm gonna check out the black Friday deals. We r thinking of leaving US cellular cuz they just suck here. Depends on hubby's credit Where we go, mine is bad. Anyone know which ones better? Not sprint.

Where are you located? Sorry to hear you guys troubles. Hope things work out.

Quote Originally Posted by DEAD SE-RIOUS View Post
    Where are you located? Sorry to hear you guys troubles. Hope things work out.
    A pimple on the *** of the world.....a tiny town n Kansas. Thanks

dragonsamus likes this.

Default GN2 or GSIII?

Quote Originally Posted by hell_on_heels View Post
    A pimple on the *** of the world.....a tiny town n Kansas. Thanks

LMAO!!!! why not Sprint?

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

Anyone know how long the note 2 will be supported

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    318 Global Posts

Got the S3 the day it was released. Upgraded to the the Note 2 on Sunday. Both are great phones, but after just a couple days, I can not believe how tiny the S3 feels in my hand. I say get the Note 2 and don't look back

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

Surprisingly it fits pretty well in the front pocket of jeans. Note II for sure.

I was with sprint for a little over 11 years as well. Switched to TMO in January and im glad i did.
    I have been using a Nexus 4 and GS3 till today. I picked up a Note 2. Only had it set up a few hours but i must say im definitely liking it.
    If you happen to go with a GS3 wait till the GS3L T999L comes out. The GS3 that TMO has now is being discontinued and replaced with an LTE variant of the GS3.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by blaze5 View Post
    Anyone know how long the note 2 will be supported

Supported by whom?
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    vr002sh likes this.

Global Posts
    318 Global Posts

Samsung has announced many of the new features of the GS4 will be ported to the GN2. Also there is talk that Samsung has committed that the GN2 will get Key Lime Pie (whenever it becomes available). Feels like it has a long support future (at least in Smart Phone years, which are much shorter then dog years).

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by vr002sh View Post
    Samsung has announced many of the new features of the GS4 will be ported to the GN2. Also there is talk that Samsung has committed that the GN2 will get Key Lime Pie (whenever it becomes available). Feels like it has a long support future (at least in Smart Phone years, which are much shorter then dog years).
    Yeah i do not imagine there is any phone out that promises the longevity that the Note 2 will have. Besides Nexus devices of course.
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

i just picked up the note 2 on tmobile. i felt now was the right time for me. i came over from a nexus 4 and i love the phone. but after seeing my friend use his i just wanted it plus it has an sdcard slot. i can finally use my 64gb card plus i get really good t-mobile service where i live so i should be happy for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by ****_on_heels View Post
    A pimple on the *** of the world.....a tiny town n Kansas.
    Ha ha, I thought that was where I live... but I'm in Nowhere, NC
    Good to know there are places like this everywhere.
    MrsChief