Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Any news....

Any news on the update yet? This is kinda ridiculous now, that we are left in the dark without even a hint of when there will be an update for the Note2.... It seems that alot of the features are missing because of this!!!

Default Re: Any news....

Custum rom
    Aokp in the works on xda
    International version has been ported, retains imei and sgh889 fingerprints

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

I'm getting inpatient too. It's one of the reasons I bought this device....I want to multitask. This is crazy that we always have to wait. I don't want to root, or jailbreak my device to get an update

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by keebs29 View Post
    I'm getting inpatient too. It's one of the reasons I bought this device....I want to multitask. This is crazy that we always have to wait. I don't want to root, or jailbreak my device to get an update

Why, it aint realy yours till the warrentys void? Not that I don't respect the position you choose. Your choice, tho also your problem. You could root and rom and use triangle away to reset counter then use any of the three roms that have it and when the ota cones out. Reflash back to stock. Just backup your stock rom and find a stock recovery odin. Pretty simple. Tho a pain in the arss.

However agreed its realy irritating.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

To me, it's Mine cause I pay for it. It's like a car, people make payments but the bank owns it. I don't care for flashing my devices and what not. I'm afraid I'll screw something up lol, but, when I've done research on a device long before it's been released, I expect it to do what it's supposed to do right out the box. I don't like waiting

Quote Originally Posted by keebs29 View Post
    To me, it's Mine cause I pay for it. It's like a car, people make payments but the bank owns it. I don't care for flashing my devices and what not. I'm afraid I'll screw something up lol, but, when I've done research on a device long before it's been released, I expect it to do what it's supposed to do right out the box. I don't like waiting

Even if you screw somthing up. As long as you can get to download mode you are safe. If you would like to find a rom you like I would be willing to write you a very specific noob guid for thay rom in particular. [Normaly I go so in depth it is about 90 steps. I assume the reader knows nothing about flashing] it should he noted I miss flashed this phone when I first got it. Booted into download. Re pushed stock. Started over. No big deal. Same for an htc inspire. Same for sprint evo. [The good news for you is htc phones use a fastboot command promt while wonderfull samsung has an application. You just load the files into it like adding atrachments and then click start].

I understand the fear. My first phone a samsung epic 4g. I bricked n had to take to the store to get it re flashed cuz I didnt download more than one rom, check the md5 sum, or make a backup and it was my only internet. I didnt flash for another 6 months. Now I flash every other week it seems.

If you do your research on flashing there is nothing to fear. Always make a backup. Always.

And as for you dont like wating. Me neither. So I say if you want somthing done. You gotta do it yourself right.

So pm me on xda forums if you want me to write you a guide. Same username.

And based on att pricing with 5gb data at 130 a month contract. Bying my device full price and porting to straight talk phone pays for itself in 7 months. I can also add those instructions. Id buy out my contract if I were you [it sounds like your on contract]

Donations appriciated but not reqired. Paypal: prepaidguy9081@riseup.net

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

December 19th!

http://m.androidcentral.com/t-mobile...ng-december-19

Thanked by: