Multitasking Window Rocks

pamon

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Wow. what have we been missing on this? The ability to view the web on one screen while having your gmail open below it? C'mon now. That's an awesome feature. Why did it take TMO so long? Love the latest update. 5 mins old but still love it.

Mobimop

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Wow. what have we been missing on this? The ability to view the web on one screen while having your gmail open below it? C'mon now. That's an awesome feature. Why did it take TMO so long? Love the latest update. 5 mins old but still love it.

Well the AT&T folks are still waiting so at least were not last... LOL

Jussumguy88

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
As some one who does a lot of movie and YouTube watching on his phone this feature is much appreciated by me. NotHaving to stop or pause what I'm watching and all check on something else. That's what I've been waiting for my whole life. Lol

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

MOTH477

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
This is fantastic! Makes the note more versatile. It would be awesome if swiftkey would develop a transparent theme for the keyboard so you can see what you are typing.

keebs29

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I've been waiting on this update since forever. Just wish you can customize the Window. I went complain tho...I love it.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I've been waiting on this update since forever. Just wish you can customize the Window. I went complain tho...I love it.

There is some level of customization, you can add/remove apps from the bar and you can re-arrange the order. Not much but there is some.

What kind of customization where you looking to have.

MrTyC

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm a little confused with the multi-tasking window feature. Should I be able to see two apps at the same time with this feature or just be able to switch between app by selecting one in the side bar? Just want to make sure i'm not missing out on all the fun.

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm a little confused with the multi-tasking window feature. Should I be able to see two apps at the same time with this feature or just be able to switch between app by selecting one in the side bar? Just want to make sure i'm not missing out on all the fun.

Yes it's being able to see two windows(apps) on the screen. Android has had an app switcher for some time.

This feature only works with apps that support Samsung's API.

To enable this open an app from the Window. Press and hold the second app an slide your finger to the bottom of the screen

aquafusiondane

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I agreed. I wish it could do more. Sadly not all app have support for multi Window. One thing I don't like about it is the tab peeking out on the side. It just felt it in the way. Good thing for the notification bar quick setting. I was worried that I have to go to setting to disable/enable it but after seeing it have a quick setting too. I'm good to go.

I don't really use it that often because it is very limited. Like I said, not all app support it

prepaidguy9081

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

I can customize my window apps because I run a rom.

Run a rom and u can do this and wouldent have had to wait either. Ive had this for the last two months.

Sent from my SGH-T889

zuko33

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I can customize my window apps because I run a rom.

Run a rom and u can do this and wouldent have had to wait either. Ive had this for the last two months.

Sent from my SGH-T889

You can don't need to run a custom rom. You can do it with the stock rom if you are rooted. There is a simple hack that allows you to run any program in multi window with a rooted stock rom.

prepaidguy9081

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
True, but custum roms are in my opinion better. Not just for the mwc but for other things that carriers failed to include and for the removal of the usless things the did include, like nfs add app

Sent from my SGH-T889

keebs29

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I just wish I could add something like Netflicks or hulu. It would make it much easier for when I'm in those apps&text msgs pop up or something

keebs29

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I am so afraid to do Custom roms cause I have no idea how to do it&I would screw up my phone lol

The Misfit is Here

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I agreed. I wish it could do more. Sadly not all app have support for multi Window. One thing I don't like about it is the tab peeking out on the side. It just felt it in the way. Good thing for the notification bar quick setting. I was worried that I have to go to setting to disable/enable it but after seeing it have a quick setting too. I'm good to go.

I don't really use it that often because it is very limited. Like I said, not all app support it

You don't even need to hit the multi tasking quick switchin the notification bar, just hold down the back button and the tab will go away...hold it again to bring it back

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze