1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Where is the sync option after the update?

I just updated my GN2. Everything seems to be working okay. Only thing I noticed is I no longer have an option to turn sync "on and off" in the toggle bar. Anyone else seeing this? As far as I know there is no way to pick and choose which toggle options you want to display in the stock ROM. Right??? please enlighten me if I am off. Why would this be left out!?!

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Default Re: Where is the sync option after the update?

Quote Originally Posted by oreyna2001 View Post
    I just updated my GN2. Everything seems to be working okay. Only thing I noticed is I no longer have an option to turn sync "on and off" in the toggle bar. Anyone else seeing this? As far as I know there is no way to pick and choose which toggle options you want to display in the stock ROM. Right??? please enlighten me if I am off. Why would this be left out!?!
    I don't see it either after the update, looks like they got rid of it to make room for the new "Multi-Window" toggle which honestly I don't see myself using at all.

Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    ROM
    touch wiz

Didn't even notice that wasn't there anymore. But it's gone for me as well.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Yep. Its gone for sure. Honestly after using the device for a day or so since the update, I'm not missing it much. When I want to turn sync on or off im using my battery widget reborn which has sync as a toggle option. Its all good!

but my phone is not syncing automatically.. i have to open applications separately & wait for each one to update.. any idea how to switch it back on????

Sync option no longer displayed an not an applicable motion anymore. Basically you have to go into the settings of each one of your programs that require a sync and enable it through their individual options in settings. I've looked and looked for this but that is all that I've found.

It looks like that what we will have to do since they got rid of it.. Looks like the another option to do is what oreyna2001 did by using the sync option through a widget..

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oreyna2001 View Post
    settings-->data usage-->menu--> autosync data

go to settings > display > notification panel

you can drag and drop to choose which toggles to put, and that includes sync.

It is the you just have to navigate to settings -display-notifications and enable what you wish

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums

Not sure if people are still having issues with this but I was until just now. I did what predation said and went to settings -> data usage -> menu (press menu button again) -> check auto sync data. That fixed everything for me. Thanks predation! I never found the settings that wyndflash and devilfiness were taking about unfortunately.

Update: I just received the 4.1.2 update and now the settings - display - notification panel option is there. The first option that I described above still is available as well.

I love 4.1.2 the notification bar is great. The way you can change out the stuff you don't use with stuff you do use.

The S-Note widget is also awesome. No more messing around just to swype in a fast Note.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2