1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    3.0.31-260018 standard

Default I switched carriers, but I still get T-Mo updates

Can someone explain the relationship of the original carrier to a phone which is no longer under contract? I bought the T-Mo Note II and started with a pre-paid plan there. Later I switched to StraightTalk because they had an unlimited everything plan for less. However, I still got the notice and downloaded the latest T-Mo update for my II.
    I'm not complaining, but I wondered how that worked.

Default Re: I switched carriers, but I still get T-Mo updates

Idk. Be forwarnded tho st unlimited is not unlimited, they will cut u off after a few months of going over 2gb and they dont allow youtube, teathering, pandora radio, ect.

Sent from my SGH-T889

I think the phone is programmed to pick updates from t mobile. Switching the sim does not have anything to to with it. The updates should get downloaded on all phones that have t mobile rom on them.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Qoheleth View Post
    Can someone explain the relationship of the original carrier to a phone which is no longer under contract? I bought the T-Mo Note II and started with a pre-paid plan there. Later I switched to StraightTalk because they had an unlimited everything plan for less. However, I still got the notice and downloaded the latest T-Mo update for my II.
    When you buy a branded phone, they put all kind of crap on it (deep in the system). That's why this time around I decided to buy the SIM free International version GT-N7100
    Android user since the very first T-Mobile G1...

Quote Originally Posted by Qoheleth View Post
    There was article popping over the place stating that Straight Talk is not truly unlimited as they claimed to be. There still cap on the data, and it is 2gb cap

And for the update, it a branded phone and it is designed to pick the branded carrier update. Sim card have no effect on it. It only carry the cellular network and your identity and that what it suppose to do

Sent from my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Tapatalk 2

My tmo note ii on straight talk [att sim] dosent get the updates because I flashed a rom, brandingatters not. Sofware matters much

Sent from my SGH-T889