1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default anyone in Louisville?

anyone have the Note 2 in Louisville KY on T-Mobile? I am on Sprint, currently with WP7, but looking to upgrade to the Note2, but I may jump ship to T-mobile since Sprint's data sucks in KY.....

but I have no Tmo exeprience
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: anyone in Louisville?

Well I did it... took the plunge... just ordered a Samsung Galaxy Note II on T-mobile..... it will be my first T-mobile phone and be my first Android phone....
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Even though no one replied, I figure I should update my own thread in case anyone in the future sees this and wonders how Tmo is in Louisville.....

at my house with wifi turned off, I can speedtest 10meg down, at work inside my office, i get about 3meg down....

so it varies, but overall it's pretty solid, and certainly leaps and bounds beyond Sprint speeds...

and I'm only 48 hours in at this point, but so far no voice problems either

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

Im not in louisville but I am from there. Lived there for 20 years.

Sent via Tapatalk

I live in Louisville and I've had my Note 2 on T-Mobile for about two months. So far I'm pretty happy.

I came from a GNexus on Verizon. I haven't had any problems with reception around town except for inside one building. It's old, maybe it's lead paint. Reception is fine everywhere I go, granted I keep to the city (the Highlands and the east end) and don't get out to the neighboring counties. I keep wifi turned off most of the time and haven't had a need to turn it on.

I'm on the $30 pre-paid plan and save about $70 per month over Verizon.

In the past five years I've had T-Mobile, At&T and Verizon. They all seem pretty decent as far as service, but I have more T-Mobile GSM phones so I will probably stick with them in the future. Also they are really helpful and excited to keep you as a customer.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

thanks, I'm in the East End mainly as well. Live in the St. Matthews area, work in the Plainview/Linn Station area.. . i use wifi at home, but every where else I use the 4G and it's had no problems at all. I would be interested to see how it works in the Ft. Knox area.

But yeah, I've only had T-Mobile and the Note 2since Wed., but it's been nothing but stellar. This is my first Android experience too (not counting a Kindle Fire) and I have to say I'm really digging it

I just moved to Fern Creek, dumped Sprint after 10 yrs because of massive ineptitude in billing, and complete non-connectivity when I lived in Taylorsville. Found out right AFTER they sold me an HTC 4G phone that Sprint has no 4G service in Lou. Could go on & on, but u get the idea. Looking forward to my new Note 2 on TM.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Still yet to have any problems with Tmo. Even the other day in the Hillview/Okalona area, my sister's iPhone on AT&T couldnt complete a call and I had a strong signal, made the call no problems