Swiftkey vs Samsung Keyboard vs Swype

DrLouie

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Just soliciting opinions. I was a swype user on my SGII but when I upgraded to the Note2, I didn't feel it was as necessary to switch keyboards. I played with Swiftkey Flow beta on the SGII as well and liked it.

So I guess I just wanted other opinions.

Randy Chapman

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Swiftkey is the only way to go IMO. I had it on the SGIII I had previously, but waited a few days to install it on the Note 2, which has a really good Android keyboard, but I still love the ability of Swiftkey to read your mind! :) Make sure you enable the learning mode on Swiftkey.

aquafusiondane

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
One positive thing that Flow have over Swype is the Flow Through Space which basically you don't have to lift a finger to space. Just Swipe through space and it will do it. It take time for Flow to learn your words but it accurate

Sent from my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Tapatalk 2

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
One positive thing that Flow have over Swype is the Flow Through Space which basically you don't have to lift a finger to space. Just Swipe through space and it will do it. It take time for Flow to learn your words but it accurate

Swype beta has the same feature..change themes, hand writing option, used both and its not close

Sent from my amazing HTC

morrsn

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site

Swipe through space gets quite buggy when typing long sentences even out of beta. For me at least :(

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Swipe through space gets quite buggy when typing long sentences even out of beta. For me at least :(

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
I agree. I haven't been able to figure out how to select the correct word or keep it from changing. There must be a help file somewhere.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
The handwriting on Swype Beta is crap. Handwriting on the Samsung keyboard is great. If you set it to "complete" recognition and not stroke, it is very accurate. You can print or write in cursive and you do not have to tap the spacebar between words like you do on Swype Beta. Spacing is automatic.

I'll attach a screenshot, did this post with cursive writing. The pad it converts it to print after you finish the word.

Sent from the AWESOME Note 2 of a girl :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361658285843.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361658285843.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 61

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
The handwriting on Swype Beta is crap. Handwriting on the Samsung keyboard is great. If you set it to "complete" recognition and not stroke, it is very accurate. You can print or write in cursive and you do not have to tap the spacebar between words like you do on Swype Beta. Spacing is automatic.

I'll attach a screenshot, did this post with cursive writing. The pad it converts it to print after you finish the word.

Sent from the AWESOME Note 2 of a girl :)

Guess that's not bad of you use Samsung keyboard...I don't use any Samsung products..thanks for the info though

Sent from my amazing HTC

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Swipe through space gets quite buggy when typing long sentences even out of beta.
Swiftkey flow never left beta they just renamed it Swiftkey.

I agree. I haven't been able to figure out how to select the correct word or keep it from changing.
If you're taking about Swiftkey the left most word is the word you typed, instead of hitting the space bar hit the word.

You can change the space bar behavior to stop it from "correcting" the word.

To answer the original poster on smaller devices Swype beats them all, but on bigger devices swiftkey seems to be just as good. I can type jusy as fast as I can swype.I personal could not get use to the Samsung keyboard swiping its not as good as Swype.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Swiftkey flow never left beta they just renamed it Swiftkey.
They integrated it into the release of SwiftKey 4.

If you're taking about Swiftkey the left most word is the word you typed, instead of hitting the space bar hit the word.

You can change the space bar behavior to stop it from "correcting" the word.
I was referring to using the SwiftKey flow through space feature. I need to check the setting you are referring to in Kii because my middle word is the word I type and it often just inserts it without correcting it. And on SwiftKey, even if you select the word you typed, I've had more than one instance where it still changes it, no matter how many times you select the word you typed.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

kraski

Jan 3, 2009
Visit site
I've used some variation of Swype since WM. I even used it on the xda-developer builds of Android that were alternative boots on my old Tilt2. When I got my Note 2, Swype was the first thing I made sure was there. Till I figured out that my Samsung kb did swiping and I liked it better. The Swype betas are better that either. And Swiftkey flow is even better -- it has better predictive text and seems to learn quicker. The one thing I miss from Swype beta is the row of number keys across the top.

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Samsung keyboard with continuous text enabled is my favorite. I was a swype user since the Galaxy S, I thought it was such cool technology. I can swype at least 60 wpm using the Samsung keyboard. It's the best keyboard I've ever used. The only flaw I've noticed was the dictionary feature wasn't that great but after using it for a while it has improved allot.

But I'm happy using the Samsung keyboard with continuous text enabled because I feel it's faster. It's also nice because you can use Google Now's voice recognition right from the keyboard with the press of an on screen button. I only use it when in private, though. But that's what makes the Samsung keyboard with continuous text the best. I know I said that the dictionary is not as good as the swype keyboard but after writing this I think that I was just trying to find a con about the Samsung keyboard just because all I've said about it is great things.

I've tried swiftkey and a few others but I've always went back to using swype but I've been using Samsung keyboard with continuous text since I got my Note 2, a couple of months ago. Trust me when I say this. You can go download every aftermarket keyboard you can find and nothing will beat the Samsung keyboard if you're not a Swyper then you can turn off continuous text and still have the best. But why on earth would you turn off continuous text. I also now feel the predictive text is the best out of the other keyboards as well. You just have to use it for a while and you're set.

The Samsung keyboard with continuous text is second to none. Best in class predictive text along with best in class dictionary. Fast, simple and it comes on the Note 2...

Don't waste money on after market ripoffs that are not even half as good.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Samsung keyboard with continuous text enabled is my favorite. I was a swype user since the Galaxy S, I thought it was such cool technology. I can swype at least 60 wpm using the Samsung keyboard. It's the best keyboard I've ever used. The only flaw I've noticed was the dictionary feature wasn't that great but after using it for a while it has improved allot.

But I'm happy using the Samsung keyboard with continuous text enabled because I feel it's faster. It's also nice because you can use Google Now's voice recognition right from the keyboard with the press of an on screen button. I only use it when in private, though. But that's what makes the Samsung keyboard with continuous text the best. I know I said that the dictionary is not as good as the swype keyboard but after writing this I think that I was just trying to find a con about the Samsung keyboard just because all I've said about it is great things.

I've tried swiftkey and a few others but I've always went back to using swype but I've been using Samsung keyboard with continuous text since I got my Note 2, a couple of months ago. Trust me when I say this. You can go download every aftermarket keyboard you can find and nothing will beat the Samsung keyboard if you're not a Swyper then you can turn off continuous text and still have the best. But why on earth would you turn off continuous text. I also now feel the predictive text is the best out of the other keyboards as well. You just have to use it for a while and you're set.

The Samsung keyboard with continuous text is second to none. Best in class predictive text along with best in class dictionary. Fast, simple and it comes on the Note 2...

Don't waste money on after market ripoffs that are not even half as good.

What's this continuous text you speak of? My Note II on Verizon won't continue PR spell check a thing.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Sam Kennedy

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I tried to get into swiftkey flow but I just couldn't give up all the features on my note 2 keyboard. Especially after the multiwindow update it added a few new features for the Keyboard. With handwriting recognition easily accessible and Google voice right fromthe keyboard not to mention the extra row of numbers I just couldn't get used to swiftkey. Is the prediction on swiftkey really that much better than the stock keyboard on the note 2 I've never used swiftkey for long enough to tell.

is the note 2 keyboard continuous input based off the swiftkey flow sdk or swype? Or did Samsung develop their own?

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure. I like it though. I like it even more with 4.1.2 the Samsung Keyboard is the best for sure. It's like swype but faster. Like I said before I always used swype but Samsung keyboard with continuous text beats swype and all the other keyboards I've tried and even more so with 4.1.2 there is a huge difference in predicted text even when using continues text input. You can stop swyping half way through a word if the right word is in blue. I love this option.

Manuel La Bor

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I tried the swiftkey 1 month trial and was off put by the lack of handwriting mode and not having a dedicated numbers row, though if it had those I think I'd switch to it. The stock samsung keyboard is just as good to me and has what I want (except arrow keys but 2 out of three ain't bad).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

PhxBlue

Super Geek
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm kind of a keyboard version of a crack flasher.. That being said i find myself always returning to SwiftKey Flow.

Sent from my Note 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae