Only receiving 8 seconds of video MMS

Noprisonerz

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I've just started to realize every single time somebody sends me an MMS video through texts, it is only 8 seconds long. I discovered this the other day when a friend told me he was sending me a 20-something second video and I only get the first 8 seconds. I started looking at all other videos I receive, only 8 seconds long too. Why am I only receiving 8 second long videos, but I can record and send stuff for much longer?

Broheemster

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Well going over what I do know, I recorded 5 videos all 12 seconds long and in all resolution options given. I wasn't even allowed to send them to myself via mms because the file size is too large. However in recording mode there's a "limit for mms" option which give a horrid resolution result but allowed me to send a 15 second video to myself. Under the the regular sms/mms settings I'm not seeing anything that changes length or size... Only manual or auto retrieve options. If you're getting videos sent to you from multiple people and they're all 8 seconds exactly then it's definitely your device. If it's just one person sending the videos to you then have them send a video to their self and see if they get the full video or 8 seconds. If they get 8 seconds then it's their setting they need to adjust but if they get the full video, again it's definitely your device. I'd say take it from there first then post results.

Noprisonerz

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Well going over what I do know, I recorded 5 videos all 12 seconds long and in all resolution options given. I wasn't even allowed to send them to myself via mms because the file size is too large. However in recording mode there's a "limit for mms" option which give a horrid resolution result but allowed me to send a 15 second video to myself. Under the the regular sms/mms settings I'm not seeing anything that changes length or size... Only manual or auto retrieve options. If you're getting videos sent to you from multiple people and they're all 8 seconds exactly then it's definitely your device. If it's just one person sending the videos to you then have them send a video to their self and see if they get the full video or 8 seconds. If they get 8 seconds then it's their setting they need to adjust but if they get the full video, again it's definitely your device. I'd say take it from there first then post results.

Yeah multiple videos from different people have been at 8 seconds only. Confirmed they were definitely at least 20-30 seconds long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol