problem installing a ROM

jase183

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
When I was trying to install a ROM on my t-mobile G Note 2. I kept running across an error. It seems like it's installing, then I would get the dead andriod with the red triangle. Has this happened to anyone before?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
When I was trying to install a ROM on my t-mobile G Note 2. I kept running across an error. It seems like it's installing, then I would get the dead andriod with the red triangle. Has this happened to anyone before?

Don't have the Note 2, but try these ideas: 1. Re-download the file; a small part of the file may have become corrupted due to a hiccup in the data connection. 2. If installing through ODIN, try different cables/USB ports. 3. If installing through recovery, put the ROM on an external SD card. ROMs seem to prefer being put on an removable card. Don't know why...they just do. 4. Make sure you wipe cache and Dalvik.

Hope one of those ideas help.

jase183

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Don't have the Note 2, but try these ideas: 1. Re-download the file; a small part of the file may have become corrupted due to a hiccup in the data connection. 2. If installing through ODIN, try different cables/USB ports. 3. If installing through recovery, put the ROM on an external SD card. ROMs seem to prefer being put on an removable card. Don't know why...they just do. 4. Make sure you wipe cache and Dalvik.

Hope one of those ideas help.

One of the guys i follow on google+ posted a video. On how to solve the problem, it applies to pretty much all android phones. Thanks though How To Fix Status 7 Error with CWM Recovery on Rooted Android! - YouTube

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae