Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is there a way to put the mobile data toggle into the notification bar?

I have a verizon note 2 and it has the mobile data toggle. My friend has the tmobile Note II and he didn't have the toggle. Is there any way to add it to the tmobile notification bar?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Default Re: Is there a way to put the mobile data toggle into the notification bar?

Go to settings-> display-> notification panel and from there you can add the toggle for mobile data.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Is there a way to put the mobile data toggle into the notification bar?

Quote Originally Posted by Sashreek View Post
    Go to settings-> display-> notification panel and from there you can add the toggle for mobile data.

I tried that, and didn't see that option in my friend's tmobile variant. It is running 4.1.2 if that makes any difference

My phone is also running on 4.1.2 so that should not make any difference.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

My phone is also running on 4.1.2 so that should not make any difference.

I don't know why, but I looked in the display menu under notification bar, and it did allow customization, but did not have the option for mobile data toggle on the tmobile Note II. My Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II did have the toggle

I think it's better if you download any mobile toggle widgets from play stoe.

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I think it's better if you download any mobile toggle widgets from play stoe.

Notification toggle works, I just prefer a stock method to add it to the bar that's already there.

Is the mobile data toggle available in other tmobile note II?

I don't have it on mine.

nope, I have a Tmobile GN2. I had to download a widget, and even with that, I couldn't put it on the notification panel

Wouldn't the Wifi toggle do the same thing? Or are you trying to turn mobile data down from 4g to 2g?

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by bno762 View Post
    Wouldn't the Wifi toggle do the same thing? Or are you trying to turn mobile data down from 4g to 2g?

no, he's trying to just turn the mobile data (your carrier's network access) on/off. Wifi is there as an option the notification panel, but not mobile data.

So then if he wants to turn mobile data off he should just use the airplane mode, right?

Then you couldn't receive calls or texts.

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

Download Widgetsoid from the Play Store. This is exactly what you're looking for! As you can customize it to look exactly like the toggles in the notification bar!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jim2

Here's a screen shot...

http://db.tt/cTrrftYS

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by k425 View Post
    Download Widgetsoid from the Play Store. This is exactly what you're looking for! As you can customize it to look exactly like the toggles in the notification bar!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jim2

Here's a screen shot...

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    +1 Widgetsoid is great, no issues, highly recommended.

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
    via Gnex
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2

So then if he wants to turn mobile data off he should just use the airplane mode, right?

Sure, if you turn on Airplane Mode it'll turn all radios off, which includes cell reception and network data. Some people are on a restricted data plan, so the general rule of thumb is, if you're not browsing the intenet or using apps that require data, then you should turn your network data off, but you still would want your cell reception on to receive calls and text.

So I think you're really confused. I'm not sure if you're just trolling us or really don't know what the difference between data accessed via wifi and data accessed via carrier network?

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

If you use Airplane mode, you won't receive texts or phone calls. I just toggle mobile networks and wifi off, but leave the cell radio on so I can receive calls and texts during the night or whatever. Depends on what is important to you. I need to be able to receive texts from family so I leave the cell radio on at all times.

Hope this helps.

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
    via Gnex
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by Internet_Tough_Guy View Post
    I'm not sure if you're just trolling us or really don't know what the difference between data accessed via wifi and data accessed via carrier network?
    Not trolling. Just asking questions. Yes, I know the difference. It just didn't click that the op needed to turn off mobile data and still use the cell.

Quote Originally Posted by harp1146 View Post
    Then you couldn't receive calls or texts.
    Thanks, that's the part that didn't click for me.

this is old yes...but still gay...tmo does not have the lte toggle off? MIne don'e either! lame! i appreicate the widget and am looking into that as we I type (like the install from computer play options) but I had a new thought....Does turning data on and off frequently affect battery life as if having a low signal? It seems to me it would becaue it would be searching every timeI turn it back on. Which I can do several times. Its like pick the phone up turn it on...et it down turn it off...IDK
    Merry christmas!

The sprint note 2 didn't have it either. My tmobile note 2 doesn't have it either. Only way I had it on my note 2 is by installing a rom that put it in there.

Which rom might put it there? Can't I just edit my stock rom somehow to put it there?

Quote Originally Posted by dhangejr View Post
    Which rom might put it there? Can't I just edit my stock rom somehow to put it there?
    I would check xda forums

Only thing I can find is go to widgets, choose the "settings" widget and then choose "data". It will put a data "button"on your homescreen that will open the data page and you can uncheck the allow data.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast