Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default dropped phone

my phone dropped and I cant use it, due to the screen no longer working, I thought everything was backed up but ive discovered that theyre not. How do I back up my phone with no screen? ive tried to connect it to my pc but as the phone is locked I am unable to override it. It has all my sons baby pic on it.

HELP ME PLEASE, ILL BE DEVASTATED IF I LOSE MY PICTURES.

Default Re: dropped phone

Are you signed up on Goggle +? If you have a Google + account you will find all your pictures there if it was set to auto backup. I ask because my husband just got a new phone and didn't know that all his pictures were there in Google + because he had never really used it. Most Android users do have a Google account I would think. If this isn't the case for you do be sure to have some kind of cloud based backup in the future whether Google +, Dropbox, Skydrive, etc.
    Hope this helps!

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Hi westiemom, yeah I am on google+.. does it back up all pictures from the phone? I ask this because Samsung sorts pictures into different folders on the phone. i'll research this though, thank you so much.

What r u going to do about a new phone?

Insure? Warrenty?
    Whats the cost if u lost it compared to damaged and bringing it in.

Dose this cost diffrence make it economical to buy a new screen and replace it then use it without saying anything.

Or

To say u lost it and get a brand new one then replace ur old ones screen and get ur stuff. Factory reset and sell as known lost.

Which do sell on ebay, but for less.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by marab123 View Post
    Hi westiemom, yeah I am on google+.. does it back up all pictures from the phone? I ask this because Samsung sorts pictures into different folders on the phone. i'll research this though, thank you so much.
    Yes, it does back up all pictures unless the settings were changed to not backup. And not just pictures taken with the phone's camera, but even those saved to the phone from other sources. Folders don't matter, it will get them all.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Westiemom View Post
    Yes, it does back up all pictures unless the settings were changed to not backup. And not just pictures taken with the phone's camera, but even those saved to the phone from other sources. Folders don't matter, it will get them all.
    I have gone into my cloud and it only has a few pictures. So I don't know what to do now.

Quote Originally Posted by marab123 View Post
    I have gone into my cloud and it only has a few pictures. So I don't know what to do now.
    Are you sure? There are automatic folders there too and if you look around you might find something you didn't notice at first with more pictures.
    If not, I'm so sorry, I don't know what else you can do. Maybe someone else does?