1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Unfortunately settings has been stopped?

What caused this error message and how do I get rid of it? When I did something related to the settings, like turning on/off airplane mode, the error message "Unfortunately Settings has been stopped" popped up and I had to click OK for it to go away.

It also came up right after my Note 2 finished reboot and waiting for me to click OK before it finished booting.

Anybody knows why it happened? It just happened in the last couple of days and nothing was changed that I could remember.

My Note 2 is running stock JB 4.1.2, rooted with CF Autoroot.

Thank you very much in advance.

Global Posts
    13,990 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Unfortunately settings has been stopped?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lang1 View Post
    What caused this error message and how do I get rid of it? When I did something related to the settings, like turning on/off airplane mode, the error message "Unfortunately Settings has been stopped" popped up and I had to click OK for it to go away.

It also came up right after my Note 2 finished reboot and waiting for me to click OK before it finished booting.

Anybody knows why it happened? It just happened in the last couple of days and nothing was changed that I could remember.

My Note 2 is running stock JB 4.1.2, rooted with CF Autoroot.

Thank you very much in advance.
    I would try clearing cache in recovery. Here is how: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the reply. Just wiped the cache in recovery and it did not help. As soon as it rebooted, the same message came up.

Global Posts
    13,990 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Not sure what else to suggest. Sorry.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here