Unfortunately settings has been stopped?

Mike Lang1

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
What caused this error message and how do I get rid of it? When I did something related to the settings, like turning on/off airplane mode, the error message "Unfortunately Settings has been stopped" popped up and I had to click OK for it to go away.

It also came up right after my Note 2 finished reboot and waiting for me to click OK before it finished booting.

Anybody knows why it happened? It just happened in the last couple of days and nothing was changed that I could remember.

My Note 2 is running stock JB 4.1.2, rooted with CF Autoroot.

Thank you very much in advance.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
What caused this error message and how do I get rid of it? When I did something related to the settings, like turning on/off airplane mode, the error message "Unfortunately Settings has been stopped" popped up and I had to click OK for it to go away.

It also came up right after my Note 2 finished reboot and waiting for me to click OK before it finished booting.

Anybody knows why it happened? It just happened in the last couple of days and nothing was changed that I could remember.

My Note 2 is running stock JB 4.1.2, rooted with CF Autoroot.

Thank you very much in advance.

I would try clearing cache in recovery. Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html