T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2: Data Issues
Problem solving time:
I have a T-Mobile Note 2 with CM 10.2.1 (Android 4.3) and I've been really happy with it. I work from home, so most of my data use is over wifi. While running some errands a couple of days ago, I noticed I'm no longer getting data while not on wifi. I can get full bars or close to it, but showing as the inactive white, not the active blue of Android 4.3. So, there is signal. A friend's stock Nexus 5, also on T-Mo, isn't having the same issue. And phone calls seem to be unaffected. So, here are my mostly novice questions:
1) Are there any settings I should check?
2) If the settings are all OK, are there any apps that might cause issues? Which ones?
3) If it's hardware, what kind of repair cost am I looking at, if I wanted to repair instead of replace?
Re: T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2: Data Issues
Well, maybe. #1 seems to be the culprit. APN to be precise. The phone has 5 APN presets. One each for Simple Mobile and StraightTalk T-Mo. The other three are native T-Mo.
a) epc.t-mobile.com seems to favor edge settings,
b) fast.t-mobile.com favors LTE
c) there's also an IPv6 fast.t-mobile.com
My phone was on epc, so I played with the choices. That and the IPv6 setting struggle and give up. The regular LTE setting works like a champ. So, if anyone has a similar issue, it looks like APN is the first thing to check.
- 03-15-2014, 01:51 PM #3
- 03-15-2014, 01:54 PM #5
- 03-15-2014, 02:17 PM #7
- By dpham00 in forum VerizonReplies: 9Last Post: 10-13-2014, 04:58 PM
- By Rakesh Singh4 in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 22Last Post: 09-15-2014, 06:53 PM
- By ShadowReaperGR in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 5Last Post: 04-26-2014, 09:31 AM
- By nalz in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 2Last Post: 03-15-2014, 09:18 PM
- By Archedi in forum HTC One Google EditionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-15-2014, 06:50 AM