Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Too Many SMS notifications

Hello all.

Just got a note 2 yesterday ( i know behind the curve but i could afford it so..) and ive started already changing things around to the way I like them. Im coming from a Nexus 4 where i had Hangouts set as my default SMS app. Naturally I've configured it to do the same role with my Note 2. The issue I am running into is the SMS app on the phone that was the prior default is still giving me notifications when i receive a new message as well as Hangouts. I thought when i changed the default that the former would just quietly go sit in the background.

Has anyone else experienced this and is there any solution?

Default Re: Too Many SMS notifications

Quote Originally Posted by red.foxx15 View Post
    Hello all.

Just got a note 2 yesterday ( i know behind the curve but i could afford it so..) and ive started already changing things around to the way I like them. Im coming from a Nexus 4 where i had Hangouts set as my default SMS app. Naturally I've configured it to do the same role with my Note 2. The issue I am running into is the SMS app on the phone that was the prior default is still giving me notifications when i receive a new message as well as Hangouts. I thought when i changed the default that the former would just quietly go sit in the background.

Has anyone else experienced this and is there any solution?
    Go to the stock message app, open and when u c the thread list, hit menu button and hit the settings, and uncheck the box for notifications for received messages

Posted via Android Central App