Unrooted and paranoid!

th3controller

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I have recently rooted my phone a few weeks ago(Thanks to SuperOneClick and alot of websites). So I have done all the things I need to do when I rooted my phone like uninstalling bloatware and other such things. However when I tried to overclock my phone with Tegrak's overclock app I became paranoid. How so? I became paranoid because I could not revert back to my original kernel(As I referred to the settings with Tegrak's app) I have reset my phone back to it's factory settings and also unrooted it with superoneclick(not just formatting the data, like literally resetting it heres the video /watch?v=FzDb6m7sQ7A)
After that I tried to check if my phone was still rooted with a terminal emulator. It showed me a $ sign instead of a pound sign so typically I'm sure that my phone is not rooted anymore. However I am still paranoid of my phone. I tried to use KIES to try to update my phone but it said "Unregistered Device" which made me even more paranoid. Can anyone please help me. Explain to me that I could still update my device, did it affect it in anyway that it would act differently, and why is KIES telling me my phone is an unregistered device?

SebasCvdB

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Use ODIN to flash back to Stock Rom (KB5) here is a link to the rom + ODIN on XDA

Yes this stock rom is rooted, when you flashed this one, connect your USB -> KIES (Firmware update) and than run KIES to update to KD1 (will UNROOT too) and you are back to having a stock phone. any Q's? just PM me.

Cant post link yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36