Gingerbread Update causing my text messages to fail

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I just upgraded my Galaxy S 4g to Gingerbread last week, and now most of my text messages are failing.

I tried doing a search on google, and found many people with this same complaint, however I noticed some threads from a couple months ago stating that they had received a new update from KIIES that fixed the problem, and they were quite happy.

My question is, how would I go about getting this update they received many months ago?

(I used KIIES obviously to get Gingerbread, but am confused why this update was not included in it considering these people's threads were months ago).

I noticed a lot of folks were saying to turn "data packet" off and that should help. When I did that, 100% of my text messages failed..

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Also in addition, one poster on android forum stated the update that fixed his was: PDA:KPY/PHONE:KPA/CSC:KP1 (XEU)

His post was on October 2nd, 2011.

another poster stated the update that fixed his was (PDA:KPY/PHONE:KPA/CSC:KP1 (CPW))

(XEU) in the first posters, and (CPW) in the second.

I would post the link, but I am not sure the moderators would like a link to another forum.

btc0526

I wish I worked at google
May 25, 2011
Visit site
Seems like you need to do a hard reset. I updated the first day it was out, like a month ago, and i havent had problems with my text messages. If it doesnt work try to ODIN the official 2.3.6 rom

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Seems like you need to do a hard reset. I updated the first day it was out, like a month ago, and i havent had problems with my text messages. If it doesnt work try to ODIN the official 2.3.6 rom

Thank you for the reply, I will do a hard reset.

I have never heard of ODIN till now, so I will try to learn more about that, and see what that option means exactly. (Unfortunately not very cellphone savvy, but willing to learn)

btc0526

May 25, 2011
Visit site
ODIN is just a flashing tool leaked from samsung themselves. It is used to flash roms and such. Its not very complicated. Just search odin on google and find one for the phone. Goodluck :)

btc0526

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Heres a link that has everything, just in case you wanted one

androidadvices.com/update-samsung-galaxy-4g-official-uvkj6-gingerbread-236-firmware/3/

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon