Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Relocating Apps to SD Card

Hi everyone, I'm relatively new to Android so I apologize if this a rhetorical question.

I'm trying to find out if there is a way I can move a few apps, specifically Google Play Music to the SD card in order to free up space on my phone.
    From what I've found so far the only was is through rooting which i'd rather avoid. Is there a workaround or alternative to keep the music data on the SD card ?

Thanks for your help,

Christian

Global Posts
    21,553 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Relocating Apps to SD Card

Quote Originally Posted by christian729 View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm relatively new to Android so I apologize if this a rhetorical question.

I'm trying to find out if there is a way I can move a few apps, specifically Google Play Music to the SD card in order to free up space on my phone.
    From what I've found so far the only was is through rooting which i'd rather avoid. Is there a workaround or alternative to keep the music data on the SD card ?

Thanks for your help,

Christian
    Welcome to the forums and Android!
    With Google Music, I don't think you can place the music on your SD card. I may be wrong though. If you have a lot of music, I would suggest to pick say, 50 or 100 songs you really like and keep only those on your device.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Relocating Apps to SD Card

Thanks for the information, it seems you're right, without rooting the device, i'm pretty much stuck with the current location.