16GB Internal Storage?

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I know this forum is pretty much dead but I figured I'd ask anyway. Why does this phone show with only 1GB of internal storage and 16Gb for an SD card? If it only has 1Gb of internal storage not much will be available since it has Inception on it. Not all apps are capable of being moved to the SD card.

This is considered a refresh and it looks like they downgraded the internal storage on this phone. Guess we'll see Wednesday or when more people get the phone.

chestvrg

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I keep hearing the same thing, something about that it only has 1GB of internal memory instead if the original's 16GB in the Galaxy S Vibrant for Tmobile.

If so, it would be a pity that they add and take away something (add=4G - take away=memory).

sjenkins1009

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
The memory in the vibrant isn't 16GB.... it is barely 2GB internal which is everything the system sits on and what runs the phone itself. The 16GB is the little SD card they give you with the phone and that is your memory. Now if they actually gave you 16GB of internal memory AND a microSD slot, then i would be impressed. I was slightly disappointed in this falacy(sp?) when i got my facinate and Tab...but i live with it as they are both great tools.

chestvrg

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
This is sucks, I hope the Tmobile reps tell the customers that their new 4G capable Galaxy S has a 16GB microSD card and not built-in.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
This is the setup my Epic has, small internal memory and large SD card. Never had a problem with running out of internal memory.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
This is the setup my Epic has, small internal memory and large SD card. Never had a problem with running out of internal memory.

So how much do you have left then? Do apps run better on internal storage or SD storage? Does the phone run faster with less internal storage?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Apps run faster on internal storage, but I don't have an insane amount so I've never run out of space. I have 419MB free.

DustinCasler

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
You really can't even use the full 1GB that's available. I think I had about 200mb left when I got it home and looked at it. I exchanged my week and half old mytouch 4g for the Galaxy S 4G earlier today and I love it so far. The data speeds are noticeably higher in the parts of the metroplex i've been in today. which pretty much covers the mid cities and fort worth(sorry no Dallas today). One thing I have noticed though is that my apps didn't auto install to this device like they did when I switched from my broken Nexus One to the Mytouch 4G. Another minor annoyance is that syncing my facebook/twitter and contacts has turned out to be an absolute nightmare. But besides that the screen is awesome, the performance is nice, and the data speeds are GREAT. I realize for many this isn't the best choice. But for me needing to get a phone in a pinch, its a more than suitable option to tide me over until the Pyramid or Galaxy S II come out.........

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
That's the reason I went with the Galaxy S personally - the hardware. Its speed and amazing screen are huge pluses for me.