- 1 Posts
Galaxy 4G - Internal memory full
Hi. The Galaxy 4G has 512 MB of internal memory, and mine is already 90% full. Question is, what happens when the remaining 10% is used up? Will I not be able to add any more apps then? If so, then that is really terrible. It's enough cause for me to return my phone.
I have transferred as many apps as possible to my SD card (16GB), but that is still far from sufficient.
- 03-04-2011, 12:05 AM #2
- 03-07-2011, 12:59 PM #3
- 99 Posts
I bought this phone for my wife because the price was right and it seemed like something she would like. She loves the phone but 5 days in and she ran out of memory. I moved everything I could over to the SD card but I'm still down to 100MB's. T-MO & Samsung have really screwed this one up and added waaaaay too much bs. I should have just spent the extra cash and gotten her the Nexus S like I have, but I figured she'd like something that had a bit more of a polished look to it.
My question is; Can I delete the fluff-ware off the phone? How do I go about getting this done? And if I can't then can I hack the phone and get rid of all the BS. Because having 100MB's of memory left after having the phone for 5 days is unacceptable.
- 12-21-2012, 10:23 PM #4
- 12-29-2012, 03:03 AM #5
Re: Galaxy 4G - Internal memory full
rooting and installing a custom rom is about the only way to get this phone functional. the really isn't a completely functional cm 10 rom but there are a couple ics, and plenty of gb roms. go to the following link and it will show you how to root the phone and get a custom rom on that phone.
June 22nd and how to Root Galaxy S 4G 2.3.6
Sent from my LG-P999 using Android Central Forums