Galaxy 4G - Internal memory full

vishal1857

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi. The Galaxy 4G has 512 MB of internal memory, and mine is already 90% full. Question is, what happens when the remaining 10% is used up? Will I not be able to add any more apps then? If so, then that is really terrible. It's enough cause for me to return my phone.

I have transferred as many apps as possible to my SD card (16GB), but that is still far from sufficient.

- Vishal

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi. The Galaxy 4G has 512 MB of internal memory, and mine is already 90% full. Question is, what happens when the remaining 10% is used up? Will I not be able to add any more apps then? If so, then that is really terrible. It's enough cause for me to return my phone.

I have transferred as many apps as possible to my SD card (16GB), but that is still far from sufficient.

- Vishal

This is a huge problem and I don't understand why they did this. I ended up returning mine, not for this issue but due to the constant lagging. I had about 200MB free out of the box and after I installed my necessary apps I had 165MB left. Most apps cannot be moved to the SD card unless they are games or fun apps. I would recommend the Vibrant before I recommend this phone.

GeneralTula

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I bought this phone for my wife because the price was right and it seemed like something she would like. She loves the phone but 5 days in and she ran out of memory. I moved everything I could over to the SD card but I'm still down to 100MB's. T-MO & Samsung have really screwed this one up and added waaaaay too much bs. I should have just spent the extra cash and gotten her the Nexus S like I have, but I figured she'd like something that had a bit more of a polished look to it.

My question is; Can I delete the fluff-ware off the phone? How do I go about getting this done? And if I can't then can I hack the phone and get rid of all the BS. Because having 100MB's of memory left after having the phone for 5 days is unacceptable.

hawklet00

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
rooting and installing a custom rom is about the only way to get this phone functional. the really isn't a completely functional cm 10 rom but there are a couple ics, and plenty of gb roms. go to the following link and it will show you how to root the phone and get a custom rom on that phone.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=182288

Sent from my LG-P999 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12