Good phone, but I like the HTC G2 better

zencoder

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I've had the Galaxy 2 4G for a few weeks now, after trading with a coworker my HTC G2. I *really* liked the G2 and the Google integration...it came fully loaded with just about every Google mobile app.

The Galaxy S 4G is a much nicer phone physically; bigger screen, thinner, lighter, and while it lacks the z-slider keyboard, the bigger screen and swype make it a cinch to use without a HW keyboard.

I am *not* a fan of this 'sense' Samsung interface. Not all of the app widgets work with the desktop, and it is less reactive to touch than 2.2.1 was on the G2.

It also appears to be slower. I don't know if its just the sense UI, or the phone in general, but I have less than 1/2 of the same installed app's, but the the Galaxy S 4G lags a lot.

I'm not knocking the phone...I love it...I just wish the OS ran more like the G2 does. I'm considering a root/upgrade to Gingerbread or maybe a root/wipe/install Froyo wthout Sense. Not sure. :)

sk8dayfuknight

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
How would you go about about installing gingerbread on this phone? That's what I'm waiting for considering 2.3 is much faster in benchmark tests.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

STL 314

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I've had the Galaxy 2 4G for a few weeks now, after trading with a coworker my HTC G2. I *really* liked the G2 and the Google integration...it came fully loaded with just about every Google mobile app.

The Galaxy S 4G is a much nicer phone physically; bigger screen, thinner, lighter, and while it lacks the z-slider keyboard, the bigger screen and swype make it a cinch to use without a HW keyboard.

I am *not* a fan of this 'sense' Samsung interface. Not all of the app widgets work with the desktop, and it is less reactive to touch than 2.2.1 was on the G2.

It also appears to be slower. I don't know if its just the sense UI, or the phone in general, but I have less than 1/2 of the same installed app's, but the the Galaxy S 4G lags a lot.

I'm not knocking the phone...I love it...I just wish the OS ran more like the G2 does. I'm considering a root/upgrade to Gingerbread or maybe a root/wipe/install Froyo wthout Sense. Not sure. :)

Samsung isn't Sense...Samsung is Touchwiz and HTC is Sense ;)