Galaxy S Blaze 4G - A Galaxy Nexus Replacement

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
So looking at the (available) specs, I can't quite figure out what this phone should be. We have at it's heart, what looks like a rehash of the Galaxy S II in another form factor, but lacking any possible distinction that could potentially identify it as the incremental release (a'la' Galaxy S 4g to the Vibrant). At it's heart, it appears to be

• Dual Core 1.5Ghz (Qualcomm)
  • 4.5(something) Super AMOLED (not Super AMOLED HD) - more on that in a minute)
  • 4g HSPA+ (42mb sec as opposed to the 21 standard right?)
  • FFC

So that makes me wonder - there's little to differentiate this from a standard Galaxy S II given what we know. So is this TMO's half step answer to the Galaxy Nexus sans Super Amoled HD. That would make a sort of Magenta-tinted sense to me if it weren't for...those damn capacative buttons.

If it's not a TMO-GN, is it possible that this might be a econo/mid-range GSII...if so, it's seems silly to include an equally fast processor of the same variety. Maybe a "media edition" with extra storage capacity?

So I guess the wonder is where we don't have any details:

What's not mentioned:
  • Storage Capacity (I could see them releasing a 32/64gb internal memory version of the GS2 for re-release) especially if it also included an SD Slot
  • SD Slot availability
  • NFC Capability

Definently an interesting(ish) device if properly equipped and maybe my future daily driver - especially if the specs are wrong and it does ship with say, a Super AMOLED HD+ screen.

Thoughts?

Jack

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers