- 11-16-2012, 04:45 PM #2
- 202 Posts
Re: help my phone quit getting wifi
I've had all kinds of problems with wifi since the system upgrade and tfarce has been no help at all.
Try turning off your router and then turn off your phone and reboot. Turn on wifi and see if it will pick it up. You can go into settings, wifi and look for the selection that shows wifi in your range and see if the phone is picking it up. Is your router WEP protected? Two other things you can try is to long onto the router with your computer and change the channel it broadcasts on. Sometimes if it is set on a popular channel certain things can interfere with it.
If you contact tfarce at T-Mobile they'll make you read the support guide on how to turn wifi on - far too simplistic. Then once you've done that they'll make you do a system reset where you'll lose everything. Try what I suggested above and reserve doing the reset as a last resort. And good luck.
- By casperzshado in forum Thunderbolt Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 9Last Post: 04-24-2011, 06:17 PM
- By BMWPower06 in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 11Last Post: 01-02-2011, 04:09 AM
- By danielcor in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 14Last Post: 08-13-2010, 09:30 PM
- By whitenack in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 07-05-2010, 11:03 PM
- By blueskies in forum HTC Droid ErisReplies: 5Last Post: 04-22-2010, 11:42 AM