Wiil Foxfi still work if I root my Blaze 2.3.6?

itsallbs

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Piizadude. I want to access the internet on my Nexus 7 by WiFi tethering off my Galaxy Blaze 4G. The Nexus 7 will not connect to ad hoc WiFi, so it won't work with Barnacle nor WiFi Tether for root users nor Open Garden. Foxfi is the only wifi tethering app that works with the Nexus 7. I want to root my Blaze, but not at the cost of losing my wifi tethering to the Nexus 7.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Foxfi on my Blaze.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
If you root you'll have better options than foxfi. I'm still waiting to pull trigger on rooting so I can have hotspot feature without letting sprint steal my money for something that should be included in my regular monthly payment.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

itsallbs

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Thanks yankees USA. What better options did you have in mind? At first, Foxfi worked well with my new Blaze. I was able to connect my Nexus 7 easily. It worked like a charm. Then I updated the Blaze to ICS, and Foxfi wouldn't work anymore. I then rooted the Blaze, and Foxfi still didn't work. I tried all the other WiFi tethering apps to no avail. My Nexus 7 just wouldn't "see" them at all. I screwed up the Blaze trying to get back to stock. A Factory Reset fixed it. So now I'm back to square one, stock 2.3.6, and Foxfi works well again. So, I want to root the Blaze, but I don't want to lose my Foxfi connection. Does anyone know if rooting will screw up Foxfi?

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Rooting should do nothing to it unless foxfi specifically rejects it.

Why couldn't you use Wifi tether? It has far less issues surrounding it than foxfi

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
ok I am being stupid. There is a solution to the problem of ad hoc mode but I havent looked into it that much.

Back to the original question, It should work without a problem if you are rooted. Everything that I am seeing says it is fine, and rooting really does nothing to the phone itself. I would just say give it a go...

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
lol...hey DW, how's things?

Yeah I have been getting around more lately. I am on a programming deadline of my own which is causing long hours for me. I cannot stand just sitting staring at code for hours on end so I use the forums to break that up a bit...did you ever put out an update to the strat? my wife cracked hers awhile back and won't let me near it "just in case" so I havent been keeping up

dwitherell

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
lol...hey DW, how's things?

Yeah I have been getting around more lately. I am on a programming deadline of my own which is causing long hours for me. I cannot stand just sitting staring at code for hours on end so I use the forums to break that up a bit...did you ever put out an update to the strat? my wife cracked hers awhile back and won't let me near it "just in case" so I havent been keeping up

No not yet. I've been distracted with getting some issues ironed out on the charge - and with this phone actually. The strat is still on the to-do list though.