- 5 Posts
How can I turn off the notification that there is an update to ICS?
I am currently on Gingerbread 2.3.6 and would like to stay that way. It hasnt been an issue until this week when I guess Tmobile pushed out the 4.0.4 update. Now my phone is telling me that there is a "software update" and asking me to either do it now (phone will be unusable for ten minutes) or to postpone. Id really love to disable this thing all together but I havent been able to find a way.
I am not rooted, and I can not close the app as it is greyed out. Also if I go to software update it just immediately pops up the same message.
Would a factory reset make it go away? Any other suggestions?
Thanks so much
- 02-14-2013, 12:53 PM #2
- 5 Posts
Re: How can I turn off the notification that there is an update to ICS?
There is no menu for updates under the about phone menu. In the settings menu the last entry is Software Update and it is right below the about phone menu. If I select that though, it just tells me to install the update now or postpone until later.
- By polarbeart in forum Samsung Galaxy S IIReplies: 24Last Post: 04-25-2013, 12:15 AM
- By snowwy66 in forum Droid BionicReplies: 9Last Post: 07-06-2012, 06:43 PM
- By Shadowdub in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 6Last Post: 06-30-2011, 02:33 PM
- By TripperGetem in forum AT&T Inspire 4GReplies: 3Last Post: 02-23-2011, 10:42 PM
- By fmichigan in forum AT&T CaptivateReplies: 5Last Post: 08-03-2010, 03:50 PM