:Fast
:light
:4.52 in screen

:Amaze 4G

:NFC
:4.5 in screen
:HTC Watch
:HTC Sense

My only worry about getting T-Mobile's Galaxy S2 is I'm wondering is the Snapdragon S3 will be able to match or outdo performance with the other two American S2's Exynos chips?

Any opinions?

KwietStorm

May 14, 2010
Visit site
What do you guys think?

Galaxy S2:

:Beautiful SAMOLED+ screen
:Amazing Camera/Camocorder
:Great battery life
:Thin
:Fast
:light
:4.52 in screen

:Amaze 4G

:4.5 in screen
:HTC Watch
:HTC Sense

My only worry about getting T-Mobile's Galaxy S2 is I'm wondering is the Snapdragon S3 will be able to match or outdo performance with the other two American S2's Exynos chips?

Any opinions?

lol pretty clear you favor the galaxy

ReiMei

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
lol pretty clear you favor the galaxy

I don't I just have little to no information about the Amaze. I would rather a sense phone to be honest htc phones are first class.

But if this Galaxy S2 is anything like my current Galaxy S (Epic 4G) Then I am sure it will have amazin g performance and the camera quality is to die for. ;)

dobiegillis

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to see a head to head on these two as well. I will probably get one of them but am torn based on experience with current gen handsets. I like the chassis on my Samsung Nexus S so much more than my HTC myTouch 4g (Glacier) but the Glacier simply outperforms the Nexus so I keep switching back to it. The only thing I like about the Nexus performance is pure gingerbread and the dialer/contacts interface and since I've never seen the touchwiz skin or sense 3.0 I don't know which will get on my nerves more...

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

lmc05

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I got to hold the Amaze yesterday and was really surprised by how heavy it was...typically Samsung phones are on the lighter side so I'm curious to see how it will compare with it's slightly larger screen.

Very excited for both phones to launch though :)

Redbird1

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I played with both phones today. The HTC screen blows the Samsung out of the water IMO. After looking at the Galaxy S II's screen, I remembered why I ditched my Samsung Fascinate.

However the Galaxy S II is much lighter, and I like Touchwiz better than Sense.

Neither phone had a sim card installed in the store and the WiFi in the TMo store wasn't working so I couldn't view any videos or checkout the browser. I wasn't going to create waves, since the guys at the store were nice enough to let me spend 45 minutes with the devices.

It's going to be a tough decision.

Sniper1087

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I played with both phones today. The HTC screen blows the Samsung out of the water IMO. After looking at the Galaxy S II's screen, I remembered why I ditched my Samsung Fascinate.

However the Galaxy S II is much lighter, and I like Touchwiz better than Sense.

Neither phone had a sim card installed in the store and the WiFi in the TMo store wasn't working so I couldn't view any videos or checkout the browser. I wasn't going to create waves, since the guys at the store were nice enough to let me spend 45 minutes with the devices.

It's going to be a tough decision.

Really you think so? the Amaze is like the sensation, it did not get any improvements on the screen, if thats the case, the Galaxy S2 with Super Amoled Plus Display has better contrast and colors, Definitely better performance, I will be getting it on release.

Redbird1

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Really you think so? the Amaze is like the sensation, it did not get any improvements on the screen, if thats the case, the Galaxy S2 with Super Amoled Plus Display has better contrast and colors, Definitely better performance, I will be getting it on release.

I have never seen the Sensation so I nothing to compare it to. I'm coming back to Android after being stuck in Blackberry land for 1-1/2 years.

For me it was a first impression thing. Earlier today, I saw both devices turned on at the same time in front of me. The Amaze's screen was just so clear and bright. The Galaxy S II screen was like looking at a TV with the color turned up to 100%, and the brightness at 10%. That that moment, the choice was obvious.

As for the performance I can't accurately comment on either device, since there was no connectivity at the TMo store.

Sniper1087

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I have never seen the Sensation so I nothing to compare it to. I'm coming back to Android after being stuck in Blackberry land for 1-1/2 years.

For me it was a first impression thing. Earlier today, I saw both devices turned on at the same time in front of me. The Amaze's screen was just so clear and bright. The Galaxy S II screen was like looking at a TV with the color turned up to 100%, and the brightness at 10%. That that moment, the choice was obvious.

As for the performance I can't accurately comment on either device, since there was no connectivity at the TMo store.

Well did you check the brightness? because unlike the Amaze the SGS2 has better viewing angles, and colors dont look washed out, just look at a video with black background you will know what I'm talking about, but dont get me wrong there is no loser here both phones are great choices, so if you pick one you wont regret it.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
If the Amaze ships unlockable, I have a tough decision. I decided i could live with the big honking ass screen on the GSII (it's beautiful -- best phone T-Mobile has ever had IMO, and I'll cry when i have to send the review unit back lol), but the Amaze in white and aluminum just calls to me.

If the Amaze isn't on the bootloader unlock list the day it ships, it's a no-brainer :p

Redbird1

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Well did you check the brightness?

I had the brightness cranked up all the way on the Samsung, with the auto brightness turned off. Still didn't do it for me.

When these two phones are released, I'll be running more tests with videos, the browser etc, before making a decision.

I agree with you, both devices will be great no matter what.

Sniper1087

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I had the brightness cranked up all the way on the Samsung, with the auto brightness turned off. Still didn't do it for me.

When these two phones are released, I'll be running more tests with videos, the browser etc, before making a decision.

I agree with you, both devices will be great no matter what.

one thing I recommend you check is a video with black background, you will notice the difference, the black on the amaze is going to be like grey compared to the sgs2 and like jerry said the sgs2 will be bootloader unlocked I will stick to it, the amaze is just an upgrade of the sensation, is just a bit heavy in my opinion, 6.10 ounces compared to 4.77 ounces from the sgs2 and trust me is a big difference.

Redbird1

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
one thing I recommend you check is a video with black background, you will notice the difference, the black on the amaze is going to be like grey compared to the sgs2 and like jerry said the sgs2 will be bootloader unlocked I will stick to it, the amaze is just an upgrade of the sensation, is just a bit heavy in my opinion, 6.10 ounces compared to 4.77 ounces from the sgs2 and trust me is a big difference.

I agree with you on the weight, even that 1.33 oz difference is highly noticable.

I'll definitely look at several videos before making my final decision

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08