screen colors on Amaze vrs SGSII
10-12-2011 09:02 PM
- okay, i spent about 30 minutes at T-Mo this morning comparing the SGS2 and Amaze...both look great but i want to confirm some things with others....
first, the SGS2 screen seemed to have a much bluer color cast than the Amaze. The store rep said thats typical of Sammy screens. The Amaze seemed to have much more natural colors. I see brightness controls, but nothing for the color cast. The Samy screen also looked overly saturated and not quite as sharp as the Amaze. Once again, i dont believe there are saturation adjustments.
Does the SGS2 have a notification light? i saw that the amaze does...but the rep at t-mo didnt know.
When i got my Vibrant a while ago, i was painfully reminded that i didnt do my homework as the GPS antenna was dismal....and it was a known issue. Any word on how good the antenna is on the SGS2?
I would assume that many of you guys will be looking at both phones seeing as their specs are very similar. Seeing as we are going to be locked in for two years im going to be reading around for other pros and cons between the phones. I will be interested to see what else gets posted regarding these phones now that they are released.
The tmo rep said that 4 other phones are due to be released by the end of the year....any thoughts on if its worth waiting to see what they are? The rep had no idea if they were going to be high end phones or not.10-12-2011 04:30 PM
- Just going to try and answer a few things really quick, the SGS2 for T-mobile does not have a notification LED like the Amaze, sucks but it is what it is, I have grown use to it from having the Vibrant.
As for the GPS, I used both on the Amaze and SGS2 while in the store both did not get a lock while in the store, after buying my SGS2 and driving back to work, It got a dead lock on me with in 4 meters with in only a few seconds. My Vibrant never did that and does won't! haha.
And after comparing screens for sometime at the store, I really did like the SGS2 screen a lot better, I didn't think I was going to because I really wanted the higher resolution screen but the colors and everything else just looked a whole lot nicer on the SGS2 screen, the Amaze to me just looks dull to me, I even tried to set both with wallpapers that looked pretty much the same and still thought the SGS2 just looked overall a lot better. Only thing with the screens that I don't like about the SGS2 is when opening up the settings you get a lot more options on the screen with the Amaze due to the resolution vs the SGS2 which sucks but oh well.
Ill write more later when I get home if ya have any other questions.10-12-2011 04:39 PM
- thanks for the info....thats good news on the gps antenna. I appreciate the feedback and am curious how things go. i just looked at the thread "25 reasons why the SGS2 is the best phone on t-mobile"....wow, impressive. I just cant seem to find a lot of user comments on the Amaze.10-12-2011 04:45 PM
- I think the blue-ish tint is indeed a characteristic of the SAMOLED screens. It's the main reason why I chose the HTC over the Samsung. As you said, I thlight the color seemed a little overly saturated for my taste.
Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk10-12-2011 06:29 PM
- I was thinking the same about the Camera on the Amaze, but after watching a few Reviews online it seems like a lot of people are stating that the camera's are almost on par with each other, but I couldn't make a choice on a phone on the camera alone, I had the MyTouch 4G slide for a little while and I really did like that camera and the pictures it took but hated how heavy the phone was and just wasn't that nice of a phone so I returned it.10-12-2011 08:58 PM
- This is the first Samsung phone I have owned without a Notification light. I went into the market and picked up an app called noled, works pretty good. It's free and I have it all set up, works for all messages and notifications. It has different colors for different things. It beats not having no notification light.10-12-2011 09:02 PM
- Samsung Android Phones
- Samsung Galaxy S2
- T-Mobile Galaxy S II
screen colors on Amaze vrs SGSII
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD