Can anyone confirm whether or not the SGS II has FM radio?

DSLAM

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone, anywhere confirm whether or not the US T-Mobile SGS II has FM Radio? I've looked at specs all over the internet and, depending on where it is, the SGS II either has or does not have FM radio. I know the hTC Amaze does but I'm wondering about the Samsung GS II.

Anyone able to confirm it?

Thanks

DSLAM

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
That's what I've heard about some other phones but I wanted to see if it was confirmed for this particular phone. So far, no one has confirmed it.

SoonerDave

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I have the SGS2, and I have downloaded FM Two0 and had no success with it. I posted a message on the TMobile support forums regarding this issue and the current response is that the FM tuner has been *removed* from their SGS2. That sux for me.

As I mentioned there, I know FM isn't a big deal for a lot of people, but it was a huge factor for me as I was looking to replace my old MP3 player which DOES have an FM tuner built it. Considering that I've had to rationalize the loss of the Exynos chip, Mali, and now the FM tuner, combined with the fact I'm getting feedback that people I call aren't hearing me clearly, and its getting really tough to rationalize the $$$ I've spent on this phone.

Thinking seriously about switching to the Amaze, but it's more money, or maybe some other phone if I can find it has an FM tuner.

Now, I would love to find out that the hardware really is there, and Tmobile just doesn't want us digging around for it, which holds out the hope a third-party ROM might take care of this issue, but I dunno.

Just frustrated right now. Shouldn't feel this disappointed over dropping $500+ on a phone.

-soonerdave

Reactions: DSLAM

DSLAM

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok, thanks. That's the info I was looking for. FM radio is also a deal breaker for me. It looks like I will maybe go for the hTC Amaze since they list it as one of the features, it is ready to go out of the box.

I dont know why it is such a problem to have FM radio in a cell phone. I gave up on the iPhone because of no T-Mobile and no FM radio. I guess hTC wins. I do wonder about the Galaxy Nexus (Prime) though.:-\