10-30-2011 03:02 AM
- I'm loving my phone more and more as time goes on, despite my screen problems (hasn't been 48 hours yet). I come from Blackberry and was spoiled at how blazingly fast I could whip out long, elaborate e-mails/texts/IMs with stunning accuracy and precision (grammar/punc. included) over the years I've been on Blackberry. Though BB was absolutely shockingly superb for typing, I felt limited in the way of fun, games, and apps.
Anyway, I'm starting to become really fast at swype. Do you guys also feel that swype is the best way to type out a bulk of the message? Or is it actually slower compared to normal QWERTY typing? Just wondering what the experienced Android users have concluded as to being the fastest way to type. I'm sure it comes down to preference but would be nice to see what majority says. Also anyway to get better keyboards? I prefer the iPhone keyboard..10-17-2011 03:42 PM
- Iv actually had alot of trouble with android keyboards, could never get use to any of them, i was so use to the apple keyboard i still think its the best out there. Im using Go keyboard currently which is definitely a step up. i find the go software such as themes and widgets quite to my liking.
Sent from my Galaxy S II10-17-2011 03:51 PM
- I love Swype. I absolutely despised virtual keyboard typing until Swype. I tried the HTC hero on sprint and couldn't deal with no real keyboard, so I returned it for the Samsung Moment with the slide out qwerty. Then I was introduced to Swype and barely ever used the hard keyboard anymore. I had to give up Sprint : ( when I moved to BFE Idaho. I got the Captivate on ATT last year and now have the SGSII. Even though the SGSII is the best phone available until the SGSIII comes out, I would not be able to use it without Swype.
The custom ROMS I installed on the captivate usually had themed Swype versions which would eventually expire and I found myself dreading having to peck on the dead Swype keyboard just to get the new Swype beta.
I wouldn't type without it. Swype is the best thing to happen to smartphones since Samsung!10-18-2011 03:48 AM
- Yes swiftkey is an alternate keyboard. Its a paid keyboard but I love it. Any keyboard you get on your phone will use up a certain amount of ram. Even stock. Its just best to try each keyboard and see what is best for you. You can try go keyboard. I like swiftkey,stock and swype from time to time.10-20-2011 01:49 AM
- Coming from a G2 with a really nice keyboard to the S2 I can say I miss it but find Swype to be about as fast as I could type with my old phone. the screen size is what really helped me since my large hands on the old phone made it harder to Swype. Once I get fluent in all the commands I am sure I well be much faster.10-20-2011 03:47 AM
- I switch between Swype and SwiftKey. Both are really excellent keyboards for Android.
The best on-screen typing experience can actually be found on Windows Phone. If only a developer managed to get that keyboard running on Android I would be truly happy with the experience.10-30-2011 03:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD