nodrogkam

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
these threads make me smile.

i'll be surprised if we even hear any [good] news about ICS coming to carrier specific GSII's in within the next 6 months (if at all). :(
i won't be surprised if we get root access and developers port over a working version of ICS to our device within the next 6 months though. :)

nickmiller71

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah... In all honesty, I'm not counting on the update. But to be honest, I love Gingerbread and always will, and I'm not a huge fan of the new ICS look. My opinion may change when I actually get to play with it, but I wasn't ever particularly a fan of the whole Honeycomb font and feel, so I think that'll be my ultimate opinion. I love the Touchwiz on the GSII and everything works great for me so far :)

lunchBB

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
You don't have to worry about that. If ICS is ported to GS2, it'll probably be having Samsung TouchWiz on top of it.

nickmiller71

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
You don't have to worry about that. If ICS is ported to GS2, it'll probably be having Samsung TouchWiz on top of it.

Clearly, but I guess the point I was trying to make above is that I don't mind Gingerbread. I bought the GSII assuming it won't get updated (at least for a long time). I'm strangely ok with that...lol.

rickm8384

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Why do people love TouchWiz? I hate the fact that the 4 buttons on the bottom can't be changed and also that it takes up valuable screen real estate! Also, TouchWiz lockscreen has got to be the most boring and annoying to unlock. Routinely I need to swipe more than once to unlock. Give me WidgetLocker and a good Vanilla rom ANY DAY.

nickmiller71

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Why do people love TouchWiz? I hate the fact that the 4 buttons on the bottom can't be changed and also that it takes up valuable screen real estate! Also, TouchWiz lockscreen has got to be the most boring and annoying to unlock. Routinely I need to swipe more than once to unlock. Give me WidgetLocker and a good Vanilla rom ANY DAY.

I would definitely have to agree with you regarding the four icons at the homescreens and the lock screen staleness, but I just recently installed the newest version of WidgetLocker and it's great. TouchWiz 4.0 is definitely the best iteration of TouchWiz yet. My favorite thing about it is the ability to swiftly move between home screens and the applications menu by dragging the screen indicator along.

rickm8384

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I would definitely have to agree with you regarding the four icons at the homescreens and the lock screen staleness, but I just recently installed the newest version of WidgetLocker and it's great. TouchWiz 4.0 is definitely the best iteration of TouchWiz yet. My favorite thing about it is the ability to swiftly move between home screens and the applications menu by dragging the screen indicator along.

The new widget locker is excellent. Having the Sense lockscreen with out the Sense bulkiness is AMAZING.

I will agree that TW4 is better than previous TW. But thats like saying someone who is 3ft is taller than someone who is 2 ft 11.9 inches. He's taller but only just....

nickmiller71

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
The new widget locker is excellent. Having the Sense lockscreen with out the Sense bulkiness is AMAZING.

I will agree that TW4 is better than previous TW. But thats like saying someone who is 3ft is taller than someone who is 2 ft 11.9 inches. He's taller but only just....

Haha, I love that comparison you made...but yes, I agree. For some reason, when I chose the new Sense lock it didn't fit the screen from edge to edge... I'm using the ICS lock now.

ilya124

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site

If you open up the app drawer and click menu then edit, you can drag/drop and change icons from the dock

camf3xu

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site

what do u mean? u can change the bottom 4 icons (well 3 not the app drawer icon). go to ur app drawer click edit (make sure u have customizable grid) and then drag icons down over ur launcher icon.
i acutally dont mind touch wiz, but i just switched to go launcher ex and am liking it.

ysaykin

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Samsung puts touchwiz on their phones to make it different from other android phones, but I think they should split the cosmetics and the features of touchwiz (this goes for all android phone manufacturers) into two different parts. The features (like sliding along the notification bar to change brightness) will be preloaded on the device, and the cosmetics (like the 4 icons, and lockscreen) will be packaged as a launcher app only available to owners of their phones. So the cosmetics would be stock android until you change them and the features will be samsungs. This way you can reduce the overall rom size, update faster to different versions, and appease the customers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12