Root my SGSii or wait for ICS?

dklimah

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
The big question is when is ICS conubg to the SGSii?? Do I root or do I wait??? Decisions. Decisions.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

rickm8384

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: Root my SGSii or wait for ICS??

What would be the purpose of waiting? Once the source for ICS comes out the devs will begin working on ICS roms for our phone. All updates are available for rooted phones shortly after they get released because the devs mod them to work with rooted phones.

bsmith1051

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site

If you wait, you might get an official ICS ROM from Samsung/T-Mo before the compatible CM9 is available? if the hw drivers need to be updated, I don't think CM can even attempt an AOSP-based ROM until there's an official ROM to rip the drivers from

camf3xu

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site

root but make a backup before rooting if ur worried about it. you can flash back to the stock recovery after u install ur backup too...

bipoler#AC

Banned
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
ICS is so complete how do skins like sense and touchwiz hope to skin it doesnt need skining. Will be interesting to see once first updates roll out

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Wicell

May 2, 2011
Visit site

If you wait, you might get an official ICS ROM from Samsung/T-Mo before the compatible CM9 is available? if the hw drivers need to be updated, I don't think CM can even attempt an AOSP-based ROM until there's an official ROM to rip the drivers from

The hw drivers remain the same, the reason it takes a long time for new devices to receive CM is because they don't have the drivers since the device has just been released. Now since the GS2(International and now US Carriers) has been out for a while the drivers are there, all they have to do is tweak the ROM so that it works with the phones drivers, rather then ripping apart the phones software to find the drivers.

303kush

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

Just download the ics launcher by team syndicate, it doesn't require rooting. Works great..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane