Where is the Nov 13 WIFI Calling update?

jbeal43

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I have the Amaze which an update was supposed to be released for at the same time.. nothing. I called TMO because I really need this, and "advanced tech support" said they had no idea when it would arrive. So much for that news release.

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I know tmonews is unofficial. However, I was told the same thing by tmo clerk at tmo store.

Always take what store employees tell you with a grain of salt unless they have an official publication in writing to back it up. Bending the truth to get you to buy something is not uncommon.

lunchBB

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
When you are at home with poor cell phone or no cell signal at all.

When you travel out of the country that you have free Wi-Fi in hotel. Then you can make and receive calls to /from the US without paying for roaming.

Milehigh

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, makes sense... as I have a good signal at home that wasn't an issue for me, and unfortunately we don't have wi-fi at work. I can see some great advantages when out of the country as I like to travel :)

lunchBB

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
It was quite a disturbance last month when the phone was launched... that the spec saying WIFI calling is included but it's missing.

lmc05

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
It's unfortunate because we did get official word from corporate that the update would be coming. As with any launch date, whether it be for hardware or software, launch dates can change but it's nice being able to give my customers the information they're looking for...I know a lot of people take advantage of the wifi calling feature so I'm hoping they'll let us know soon.

lunchBB

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I tapped on Software Update. It shows something like "DM Not Initalized. Try later" or something like that. Then it becomes "No firmware"

My phone is rooted so I'm not sure if that causes the issue.

Jeremytallman

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Wifi calling now enabled on my phone; but Bluetooth, at least with my Moto HX1, is now messed up (Beep in headset every 30 seconds; Red light blinking on headset instead of Blue as a good connection would show). I posted a thread on this. Anyone else using Bluetooth experiencing this? Thanks. :-\

Jeremytallman

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Mine isn't rooted as I just got it Saturday. Tried multiple times for over the air and then did it via Kies pairing via my computer. Pairing went just fine, except for the Bluetooth issue I now have.

IM chatted with Samsung customer service who had me do a soft and master/factory reset, which I told them would not work, as the UPDATE was a factory reset. Did what they asked and my Bluetooth problem is still there. Told me to call in now. Great!:-\

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt