I love this phone

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
...what? Apps don't change with new hardware .......

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

did u ever think that he is new to Android? Maybe he want some opinions on the best apps for android. His question really wasn't that hard to interpret.

sent from my Droid X, which also eats iPhones.

DrLouie

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Well, using the interpretation of which apps are best. I would say apps are relative to what you want to do, or are interested in. With that said, here are a few of my favorites:

Scoremobile - sport scores and stats for most sports
WeatherBug - weather app
OurGroceries - shared list, can be shared between multiple platforms and people
GoogleSky - pretty cool for star gazing

Simple Calendar for a good widget showing your upcoming calendar entries.

I've been using Twitter, but can't decide if the app is the best or if there are better ones out there.

elysea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I browsed youtube to see what other Android users liked as far as apps/widgets when I bought my first android phone. Another good way to find stuff is to browse the market on the website by category of apps depending on your interests. There are a lot of hidden gems!

DrLouie

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
dannytroy: I read something about Keyring starting on boot. I don't really need it to start at boot time only when I need the card. Have you noticed this or anything similar?

roberts68

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
as stated, very personal.
love the Market as i have downloaded tons of apps, and deleted the ones I didnt like.
download and try them.
i'm new to android too (from crackberry) and love this new phone, and android.
my fav apps: facebook, craigslist, appbrain, usatoday, 2x battery.

lhweb

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
If you use Google calendar replace the stock app with Calendar Pad. Noled is a must for SMS,email notifications and battery charging since Samsung doesn't have the led light.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech