Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By anfrey
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

Default Screen freezing while entering text

Anyone else having an issue with entering text on websites (and just today for the first time while writing a FB message using the app)? Mine seems to lock up randomly and wont enter text for whatever word I was typing at the time. It seems to have an issue with 1 letter (chosen at random) and this issue has become very burdensome for when i'm trying to write a simple message or do a google search on the web. This happens using swype or conventional text entering. this however has not been an issue when writing a text message. This is my first android phone (coming from years of owning a blackberry) and this is really making me miss the real keyboard on my old berry. Any help/fixes are appreciated in advance. Merry Christmas
    Last edited by TheeNooge; 12-24-2011 at 09:40 AM. Reason: addition.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Default Re: Screen freezing while entering text

i was having the same issue. clearing swype data fixed the issue (though it also reset my custom dictionary).

settings > applications > manage applications > all > swype > clear data
    Thanked by:
    thenooge likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

Default Re: Screen freezing while entering text

OK, I'll give it a try .... hopefully i wont have to reset it every so often, its a major pain in the arse when your screen freezes when trying to use the N or L buttons (those seem to be the problem buttons so far)
    Thanks!