my rooted tmobile galaxy s2 wont update

psgetti4ever

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
i woke up this morning and a screen popped up on my phone that there was an update. when i chose to "proceed with installation" the phone restarted in to clockwork.

i tried choosing "update from sd card" but it said "installation aborted" bc there was no such file or directory.

does anyone know how i can apply this update to my phone? a friend of mine rooted it for me a while ago and im totally lost :'(

devgru82

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
i woke up this morning and a screen popped up on my phone that there was an update. when i chose to "proceed with installation" the phone restarted in to clockwork.

i tried choosing "update from sd card" but it said "installation aborted" bc there was no such file or directory.

does anyone know how i can apply this update to my phone? a friend of mine rooted it for me a while ago and im totally lost :'(

Download Samsung Kies install it on your computer, plug your phone in and it should prompt you to update it through there.

Download: Samsung

psgetti4ever

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
i'm going to try it when i get home... a couple of people told me that it wont update bc its rooted and that i have to unroot the phone first. is that true?

devgru82

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
i'm going to try it when i get home... a couple of people told me that it wont update bc its rooted and that i have to unroot the phone first. is that true?

You should still be able to update. You will lose root though. If that is something you want to keep I suggest you flash one of the ROMS on XDA. In case you don't know what CIQ is here is an explination: Carrier IQ: What it is, what it isn't, and what you need to know -- Engadget

ROM: [ROM] Tmoble SGH-T989UVKL1 Stock, Rooted, Lightly Tweaked, 100% [CIQ Free] - xda-developers

ayotechnology

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
If you need any help just let me know. Its not as confusing as it looks :)
Can you please help? I downloaded the ROM zip file (took over an hour - lots in there). I also rooted my phone before but it was my first root and I don't want to brick it. Do I just open the zip file from the ROM manager?

This update won't go away even though T-mobile is saying it's optional. :mad:

Thanks!

devgru82

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Do you have clockworkmod recovery installed? If you do just boot into recovery via ROM manager wipe data/factory reset and install zip from sdcard

psgetti4ever

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
i did the update through kies, but i still have the notification on my phone that there is an update. when i click on it nothing happens. :(

Last edited: