wifi tether app for non root phone?

roberts68

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Any idea how to get a wifi tether app free for non root tmobile gs2 phone?
without having to pay for the hotspot $15/mo, which is ridiculous from tmobile.
thanks

bipoler#AC

Banned
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Mines works just fine without any additional plan configurations....Im on the $30 5GB 100 min plan.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

lhweb

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
@pobs123 Thanks! Just what I've been looking for. I refuse to pay 15 a month for the hotspot feature. It works great.

pobs123

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
I understand. I have been looking too. Enjoy :)

Too bad it does not work on more models (namely EVOs), several of my riends have those - but it does not work on their hardware.

lhweb

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
@bipolar The hotspot is included in the 5GB plan. I have the 2GB unlimited and they want to charge the $15 to add the feature. NOT! I'm wondering if TM will remove the app from our phones.

Raven71

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm confused I have a 500 min plan with 2GB data. I am able to use hotspots without Any extra charge. I just looked at my bill to make sure I wasnt missing something.
Are you talking about hot spots in stores like Starbucks our is there a T-Mobile wifi like optimum or Verizon. Cause I don't see a wifi system for them when it searches. When possible can even use wifi for calls.

Horr1bleK1tten

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
@bipolar The hotspot is included in the 5GB plan. I have the 2GB unlimited and they want to charge the $15 to add the feature. NOT! I'm wondering if TM will remove the app from our phones.

Where does It say hot spot is included in the 5gb plan?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Raven71

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I just paid my bill. According to the guy in the store when I asked about it, he said the $15.00 is for tethering. Is that what your talking about. Cause to hook up to a wifi hotspot should be no charge.

lhweb

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
@raven71 We are talking about turning your phone INTO a hotspot (also called tethering) which allows your computer to see your phone as an access point, NOT connecting to a public wifi hotspot .

@Horr1bleK1tten This is what I was told when I inquired about it in the store. I'm not paying any more $ so I didn't inquire about it any further. T-Mobile Smartphone Mobile HotSpot

Raven71

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Now I understand it was explained to me when I had a blackberry, but I keep forgetting. My problem is if I get a galaxy tablet. Why do I need a data plan for it. What does it matter if I reach my limit with my phone or my tab.
In matter of fact if I reach my limit and they are going to slow my data down anyway. Paying a tethering cost or not.
I was also told that if I got a tab it would be an added 2GB, or unlimited seperate From my phone but no one said anything about tethering.
It don't make sense what device cause me to reach my 2GB if that's what I choose to use.
It seems even an unlimited plan i'm going to get data speed cut after 5GB if i'm reading the plans right.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I added foxfi and turned on wifi hotspot and it isn't showing up on my devices. When I turn on mobile hotspot it wants me to pay Verizon 30 extra to activate. How are you guys getting around this?

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk