1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Thinking of switching

I currently have a rooted T-Bolt with VZW (rooting saved this device), anyway today T-Mobile has the Galaxy S II for free after rebate (which would cover the remainder of my contract for a pro rated ETF).
    Is the Galaxy S II in your opinion still worth the purchase and how is your experience with T-Mobile?

Thanks all.

No issues with Tmobile and love the GS2. No experience with the T-bolt, however.

Sent from my GS2 via Tapatalk.
    Thanked by:
    drhere 

Just got the wife a GS2 today with the promotion!

Sent from my GS2 via Tapatalk.
    Thanked by:
    drhere 
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Default Re: Thinking of switching

OK all ,thanks T-Bolt had promise, but HTC even recently admitted they rushed this device, and are basically walking away from it.
    Before the day is out, I think I am going to take advantage of it.

I'm on T-Mo with a Nexus S in NYC. The reception is "good". I mean here I get reception pretty much everywhere except some remote locations in Queens. Their costumer service is ed, but that's pretty much with every carrier. If you have an issue, expect them to offer "their sincerest apologies" without actually solving your problem.

As far as phones, well, the Galaxy S2 is obviously better than the Thunderbolt; however, consider that Mobile World Congress is about a week away. Galaxy S2 is nice and all, but it's already starting to show its age. MWC is sure to have some quad-core, +4.5" Hi-Def phones with more storage, better cameras (although the GS2 camera is pretty nice), and Ice Cream Sandwich. Plus the GS2 will drop in price anyway in the coming weeks. So my personal feeling is, you should wait and see what's in store at MWC.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by somerussianguy View Post
    I'm on T-Mo with a Nexus S in NYC. The reception is "good". I mean here I get reception pretty much everywhere except some remote locations in Queens. Their costumer service is ed, but that's pretty much with every carrier. If you have an issue, expect them to offer "their sincerest apologies" without actually solving your problem.

As far as phones, well, the Galaxy S2 is obviously better than the Thunderbolt; however, consider that Mobile World Congress is about a week away. Galaxy S2 is nice and all, but it's already starting to show its age. MWC is sure to have some quad-core, +4.5" Hi-Def phones with more storage, better cameras (although the GS2 camera is pretty nice), and Ice Cream Sandwich. Plus the GS2 will drop in price anyway in the coming weeks. So my personal feeling is, you should wait and see what's in store at MWC.
    Thanks, I (temporarily) moved from Queens to the West Coast (family emergency), and I got great reception with Verizon in Queens and Lower Manhattan where I worked. Here too, VZW (San Francisco Bay Area) is great, but you get the same "I'm so sorry" from Verizon, and they do nothing.
    Maybe I am rushing it, but T-Mo is offering it today for free.

Don't trust their rebate they found a way to screw me out of mine.
    All my rebate info was filled out in the store by the guy who sold the phone to me. I'm waiting for a rebate and all of a sudden I get a letter saying i'm not eligible. Reason cause I didn't take the more expensive plan, and because it was a two day special it didn't count.
    Yet all their advertisement was for the phone rebate not mentioning anything about having to have an unlimited plan. Or that it was not going to be used for a 2 day special over Thanksgiving. The rebate was right there next to the phone and said nothing related to anything they said in the letter our over the phone. More like it was a joke they screwed me.
    I'm on long Island and my service is iffy..forget about weekend service using 4g. Unless i'm in my house on wifi, i'm waiting to connect to the internet. I was dropping calls but it seems to have got better related to that. Then again I only used 125 min last month and so far this month 40 min. With 3 dropped calls near Merrick road.
    I have a topic on the t-mobile website about the crap they are putting me through.
    The guy in the store is trying to get the rebate thing straightened out, so far its been 3 Weeks. Plus it took until January until I got the letter from them saying I wasn't getting the rebate.
    Has far as i'm concerned everyone of these companies are looking to screw its customer. You just got to pick the one that will at least use lube while they do it.
    My next step is to lose my etf and get a Government phone for nothing and let all you pay for me having it,
    But I will say the phone is great has far as speed and not hanging up like my cappy did with att. I do like the phone its like having a mini computer.

Edited. I'm on a 2GB data value with 500 talk minutes. So make sure that plan is included in their rebate
    Last edited by raven71; 02-12-2012 at 07:17 PM.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thanks, this is exactly what happened to me today. I called and for over an hour,we went through the process of setting up and ordering new service, he ran my credit and every thing was ok.
    He went through running my credit card info and charging the card. I ask him on more than one occasion about the rebate, he said he would make a note of it so I can get it. Then he ran the order through and their fraud dept said stop and canceled the order.
    One hour and a half down the drain, not only that, my credit gets a hard hit from these idiots. No reason given, fine,I understand fraud protection is necessary, but no reason given and a hard hit on my credit was done.
    He then told me to call a local store, and I can get it ,I called back and the next rep. told me the person who I just talked to for over an hour was wrong, there is a chance I could be rejected for the rebate.
    I called my local store, and they said it shouldn't be an issue but there is a possibility I would be rejected for the rebate, but if that happens the store would try to help.
    No one knew what was going on, and I wasted way too much time today, I think I dodged a bullet, and I would've got screwed.
    I will wait and see what comes along.

I switched from vzw with the razr too expensive got the sgs2 and the same plan I had with vzw and its 27$ less a month then vzw and no problems at all with t-mobile very satisfied .

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

I just went and took care of my bill for the month. Let me say that the guys in the store I go to really took care of me.
    The rebate was rectified and I know it was through him and not the main office. I just want t-mobile to know that these guys walk the walk when it comes to their customers.
    Like I said I have been in this store a couple of times and there is an integrity level that I see very
    rarely in most places.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

I ended up going to a T-Mo local store, the guy at the store was going to give me the deal, and but his manager said I needed to order their Unlimited across the board plan ($99 after tax per month).
    I said I was offered a lesser plan before T-Mo screwed up big time over the phone, his manager said I needed to order the $100 plan.
    I said thank you, no.
    This is well over $20 per month on what I pay at Verizon, so I am not going to pursue T-Mobile anymore.

My husband switched from Vzn to T-mobile. He was paying $130 per month and now it's down to $62 for an equivalent plan. They were charging around $50 per month for the ability to get his work mail on his phone and it doesn't cost anything extra on Tmo. Vzn was a great carrier but he can take a few dropped calls to save $68 a month. I we don't have many dropped calls in S. Fla. but I'm sure that depends on your area.

I LOVE my Galaxy S2!

Did you see what att did. It was on fox news but my friend gets a message. Saying your in the top 5% of using to much data. Mind you he had an unlimited plan.
    They tell him to use wifi more or they are going to cut his data back, when he reaches a limit. Then they send a message about their tier plans.
    I mean I was on unlimited with
    att but had my cappy stolen they wanted me to buy a new one for full price. Mind you my GPS never worked.
    If it did I could have located my phone. That's how I got to T-mobile and took the etf on that line. My wife stayed and was suppose to come to my plan.
    Instead she is helping my daughter on another carrier.
    PCmetro i'm waiting for them to move but their service is ok and so far no problems.
    Anyway all of these carriers are trying to catch up. They promise unlimited this and that. Then when you use it the way they say, you get messages trying to screw you. All cause they lied about their service.
    Since the Gov. Loves to be i'm our business maybe they should start a hearing on this and take their license away. Our better yet combine them so they have the bandwidth. After all we are not going to be getting better service or discounts because they area not a monopoly much longer
    Last edited by raven71; 02-13-2012 at 07:25 PM.

Global Posts
    281 Global Posts

For the Galaxy S II rebate you needed the unlimited talk text 5gb web. Once you get the rebate back you can drop your plan lower but that's what is needed in order to qualify.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Thanks all, I did ended up switching, I am selling my Thunderbolt, I am getting $90 for it, which is better than nothing.
    So far this phone is fast, at least compared to the T-Bolt. I went with the 5Gb plan, and I'll get a rebate. I live in a major metropolitan area, so my 4G service is good along with voice.
    I rooted my T-Bolt (unrooted this weekend and put stock back on to sell it), I am not going to root the Galaxy SII, at least not for awhile.
    Funny (not really) Verizon wouldn't talk to me, when my number ported last week, I had to call VZW for one last question about my final bill, all of a sudden they asked me to port my number back and they will help me. Too little too late. I walked into a VZW store as the 800 number wouldn't help me, the store also wouldn't budge, I said OK, walked a block to a T-Mo store and called it a day.
    Anyway, so far I am satisfied with the SGSII.

Vzn did the same thing with my husband. So we went across the street to Tmo and he's now paying $65 for what he was paying $130 on vzn.