Rooted S2.. bloat still uninstallable? Can this be right?

quintupularity

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Hello folks,

I finally upgraded from the G1 and am LOVING the new wares on the market. So smooth! So bright! Android hardware has come a long way, and I'm very happy with this new phone. But a mature product like this regrettably comes with a mature marketing infrastructure. And the phone is full of bloat which makes my brain twitch every time I scroll through the app folder. Must. Kill. Bloat.

So I followed the directions from this thread in the sticky, and except for the backup portion which didn't work at all, the process went well. As far as I can tell, the root went as planned.

This is my first root, so I may be missing something obvious, but all the bloat apps which came preinstalled remain uninstallable. I desperately want to uninstall schlock like T-Mobile mail, T-Mobile TV, Asphalt and More for Me and others along this vein. Just as before the root, there is no "uninstall" option in the app manager for them. The superuser app which is now installed doesn't appear to have any sort of override option; its app screen is completely unpopulated. Except for the Superuserapp, my rooted S2 is essentially the identical phone, with no new uninstalling functions that I can see how to access.

What's the trick to removing the b l o a t in this freshly rooted phone?

Sn1per 117

Flashaholic
Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
You can do it many ways, but using titanium backup might be the best. You can back them up in case you want them later and you can uninstall system apps.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk