1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Dead screen & No Lock screen

Ok first, the other day, the black screen paid me a visit. I can tell the phone is on as the buttons light up and you can hear the screen unlock but there is no visual ever. I did every reset there could be that I found online and T-Mobile support said I'd done every step they had listed to revive the phone so they shipped out a replacement device the very next day for me. However, I still have a lot of files on the phone that I wanted to somehow retrieve before sending the dead device back in. I can't access the screen but I was wondering if there was any way to back up the files onto my laptop? I plug it in but the computer doesn't usually recognize the device. Any help on that matter would be great!

Secondly, the replacement device has arrived and I have just one gripe with it. There is no lock screen what so ever. I thought maybe I had to turn it on and missed some key step after having been used to the lock screen being there for several months but there just is no lock screen. When you push the power button, the phone just goes straight to whatever screen you were on without unlocking the device. I have tried setting a pin to unlock it and yet I still have no lock screen at all. Is there anyway to remedy this? I do not have a rooted device and would much rather NOT root it, thanks in advance!

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts

Default Re: Dead screen & No Lock screen

Is "No Lock" installed on this phone?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

No. As stated, its a replacement device. It didn't lock when I pulled it out of the box, unfortunately.