Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default T mobile gs2 update

I got the update Friday and my phone has been going crazy on me it drops calls and the musicplayer comes on by it self. Anyone else having this problem?
    Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts

Default Re: T mobile gs2 update

No. Have you did a reboot? Battery pull? If that doesn't work. Do a factory reset. Good luck.

You might have to do a couple resets and a battery pull. Im sorry your having these problems, but Im glad I was not the only one. I got e mails from about 15 different people if I figured out what to do. Goint to go check the T-mobile forum and see whats going on. Was it just the update they have been sending or was it to ICS?

It's June 11th, is anyone getting the ICS from tmobile yet? If so, where are you getting the file from?

still nothing

I am growing impatient waiting

Jus saw on facebook that it will roll out at 11:00 pm est

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

That's what I been seeing also it will be out at 11ET.

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.4.2

Looks like 11pmEDT, 8pm PDT

Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    ROM
    T-mo stock ROM(JLB 4.1.1)

Has anyone hammered the software update function on the phone and got a different message other than the typical "No Firmware" pop up?

I almost think due to my need for WiFi calling that could be blocking a potential pushed update.

The picture is a bit fuzzy, but my PlayBook has no auto-focus.

Guess I will be one of the millions smashing the server via Kies (Mac updated to 2.x version but not very stable).

I don't mind if my phone looks much the same as it does with Gingerbread, but do hope the updates to TouchWiz make for easier folder management and new features that don't sick would be nice too. If there was one feature I miss coming from my years of using a BlackBerry, it was the ability to hide all the T-Mobile bloat-ware into a single folder and hide it.

Hopefully I will have ICS and a real Ice cream sandwich while updating later tonight. To keep me busy.

For those who have trouble reading the text on the photo, it reads as follows.

DM initialization is not ready.
    Check network or SIM card
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails T mobile gs2 update-img_00000141.jpg  
    Last edited by ungibbed; 06-11-2012 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Added text from the photo for clarification.

It is rolling out via Kies at 11PM EST.... officially announced by T-Mobile.

How do you use Kies? I mean where do I get the update? I know how Kies Air works, but you have to have the file to transfer, right.

Ok downloading Kies on my laptop now. I get it now, duh

You found it? Make sure you get it from the t-mobile site. Not some site that says they have Kies. I have read and I had problems getting it from a mirror site.
    I had to remove it from my computer and go into regedit to get it off. Then today I went to t mobile support, downloads and got it. Put it on and it updated to the latest version.
    Hooked my phone up and it set all the drivers and said found new hardware. Then it connected to my phone no problem.
    They say use the original cable and to a USB port direct to the motherboard. But I didn't have any problems. It might need to be used to update to ICS.
    Hope it helps good luck. Wish I was a fly on the wall where the techs are setting this up for download.
    Thanked by:

Hey thanks, and yes I'm getting it from Samsung

I'm currently updating it from Kies as I type this. I really hope there will be some noticeable changes.
    For everyone checking their phone and getting 'No firmware', stop there. There will be no OTA update for ICS as stated by T-Mobile themselves. Everything you need regarding the ICS update can be found there.
    Last edited by elysea; 06-11-2012 at 10:19 PM. Reason: more info to add.

Same here downloading ICS right now. Thanks to this awesome forum, and that is

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

I keep getting the message " can not access information server try later"......, is it because there is a lot of people accessing the same server at once . Please help

Sent From Universe S lV

Im running the 4.0 on my t 989
    Some good changes nothing major...
    Was hoping for a scrolling dock ... But oh well

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.4.2

Hey, I lost my lock screen (the one without a password)! Now if I press the Power button (after it goes to sleep) I just jump back to whatever screen I was on (e.g., Home, an app, whatever). Any ideas?

I still locks fine (I have it set for 10 mins after sleep).

And of course, we still don't have scrolling wallpapers after this update

Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    ROM
    T-mo stock ROM(JLB 4.1.1)

I have an annoying voicemail icon that just won't leave my status bar. Rebooted, pulled battery, no luck. My only other annoyance is (or was) having to rebuild all my folders etc. Some other issues here and there but hopefully a patch shows sooner or later.

My home / lock screen displays the time of 03:52 AM. I don't have 24hour clock enabled

Overall, the most annoying problem I have is that my cover art for my music is completely screwed up. Deleted the thumbs.db with no luck

Wrong covers on the wrong songs, had no issues with my library on my 32GB SD card in Gingerbread, may just have to format it and start fresh. A long wait despite being a class 10.

Yeah right, nothing on this update that Go Launcher doesn't do. Hoping for performance improvements.

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

I'd like to install this on an unlocked T-Mobile GS2 I'm using on AT&T. Would installing this affect the unlock?

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKPJBM1 | JameBond 3.4.6

Quote Originally Posted by ungibbed View Post
    I have an annoying voicemail icon that just won't leave my status bar. Rebooted, pulled battery, no luck. My only other annoyance is (or was) having to rebuild all my folders etc. Some other issues here and there but hopefully a patch shows sooner or later.

My home / lock screen displays the time of 03:52 AM. I don't have 24hour clock enabled

Overall, the most annoying problem I have is that my cover art for my music is completely screwed up. Deleted the thumbs.db with no luck

Wrong covers on the wrong songs, had no issues with my library on my 32GB SD card in Gingerbread, may just have to format it and start fresh. A long wait despite being a class 10.
    While many hate to do this, but I'd recommend a hard reset after an update especially with this one. It may resolve many of the issues you are having.

Wow! A Tmobile update. But what about my Sgt 1 (t849)? Please tell me there is an update that I missed. Sorry to be off topic.

Sent from my SGH-T849 using Tapatalk 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast