Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Talking How to wipe SGSII and install ICS fresh without Rooting?

Hi Guys: Can anyone point me to a guide to wipe & reflash my T-Mobile Galaxy SII to ICS? I updated via Kies 2 weeks ago, and the phone is REALLY laggy. I don't want to root as I use the wifi calling & tethering (that I pay for), and mainly because I'm new to Android (3 months) and like the option of T-Mo tech support while I'm learning the ins & outs.

Thanks in advance!

Global Posts
    356 Global Posts

Default Re: How to wipe SGSII and install ICS fresh without Rooting?

I'm pretty sure you can use Odin to flash stock ICS without rooting your phone. (ODIN)(ICS)(LE1) SGH-T989_TMB_1_20120608172207_ugy1nehf4g - xda-developers
    Thanked by:
    paazel 

Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 5.0

Have you tried to just do a factory reset?

How to do a factory reset? on ics

OK so I got Odin and the rom from the link I put my phone in download mode put the file in pda I hit start then it starts loading gives me a pass green block then the phone rebooted. Nothing was changed. Idle if it was supposed to look like a factory reset or not. I am new to all this. I think I didn't do it right. Can anyone help me and all the newbies like me? Thank you in advance