Copy/Paste Not Working/Freezes Apps

demon09

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,

I got my S2 about a week and a half ago, and installed ICS as soon as I could (few hours after buying it). I seem to be having an issue with copying text. It doesn't matter if its in the text messaging app or a browser (Chrome, stock, or Firefox), as soon as I highlight text and hit copy, the app freezes and FCs.

I'm not sure if its an issue with ICS or with my launcher (I'm using Apex with a vanilla ICS theme).

Has anyone else had this issue with the stock launcher, or with Apex, for that matter?

Smooveb18

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same exact problem and it's bothering me so bad since I use copy/paste alot! If you or anyone come across a fix please post it.

Smooveb18

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok demon09 if you haven't already figured it out here's what I did to fix it:

1. Download Titanium Backup
2. Back up everything (all apps & app data)
3. Do a factory reset (I also wiped cache but may not be necessary)
4. Last re download Titanium Backup and restore then reboot from menu.. There you go! Back to normal like nothing ever happened.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
let just started having this problem out of the blue on my sgsIII.

Only a hard reset fixed it since I am not rooted :-(

What could be causing this

babyblueeyes5

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
ok so im having the same problem with my phone, so i downloaded that app but does not work on my phone.. so do i absolutely need to backup my phone ill just have to re download everything right?

babyblueeyes5

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
hey, i am having the same problem its soooo annoying as i use copy and paste a lot.. everyone keeps saying i have to factory restart my phone... okay so if i have to do that do i have to back up my phone if so how do i do that i downloaded an app but that wont let me back it up.. if i dont back it up will i loss everything including the apps that were on my phone when i bought it or no?? ahhh HELPPPPPPPPPPPP!!! :'(