JellyBean update for T Mobile Galaxy S II?

blooper

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
i dont know the answer to that, but it might?

youll lose most, if not all your preferences if you hard reset. so make sure you backed everything up before you do.

just turn off your phone, then when the phone is off, press the power + volume up + volume down buttons down till you see the samsung logo. let go of the power button (i think you can let go of the volume buttons too, but i didnt) and it should load into some options. you can use the volume up and down buttons to navigate through the menu and the power button to select. worth a shot if you dont have much to lose.

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
i dont know the answer to that, but it might?

youll lose most, if not all your preferences if you hard reset. so make sure you backed everything up before you do.

just turn off your phone, then when the phone is off, press the power + volume up + volume down buttons down till you see the samsung logo. let go of the power button (i think you can let go of the volume buttons too, but i didnt) and it should load into some options. you can use the volume up and down buttons to navigate through the menu and the power button to select. worth a shot if you dont have much to lose.

You forgot to mention that the technique you mentioned is a way to flash into ODIN, Samsung's built-in flasher/bootloader that handles updates.

Also, you can reset the device within settings.

Sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy SII running 4.1.2. Jellybean

blooper

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
yea, forgot what it was called.

i tried the reset through the security settings, but there was no change in the battery issue. so i tried the hard reset through odin.

LadyDi

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. I did a factory reset too after the update. Yes, battery is ok now but drain little bit faster than ICS.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

I remember installing JB to attempt to clear up some issues I was having with ICS and my calculator plus other small issues. Probably left over rogue apps. Anyhow, the totally reset did clear up issues I previously had but gave me a new woe. Battery life is awful. And again, Handcent freezes now and again. It's slow to open photos in the gallery too. Real minor so I'm just hoping enough people give feedback on T-Mo's forum about the battery.

roberts68

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I'll try the soft reset first
Then the hard reset if my Bluetooth issue isn't resolved

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Now we received 4.1 Jelly Bean... the question is are we going to get 4.2 or is this a last os update for our phone...

O13

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Now we received 4.1 Jelly Bean... the question is are we going to get 4.2 or is this a last os update for our phone...

Most likely this is da last they'll stop supporting since they'll have da GS3 an GS4

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

roberts68

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Just so you know, I did the hard reset and the Bluetooth issue still exists
Frustrating
Note I may have to get the g4 this fall after all.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I think 4.1 is the last OFFICIAL update the s2 get.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

Well, there are always aftermarket ROMs like AOKP which already has an MR1 Milestone release for the T989 SGSII, or CM10.1 nightlies that you can go after.

Ah, so many choices, so little time.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Well, there are always aftermarket ROMs like AOKP which already has an MR1 Milestone release for the T989 SGSII, or CM10.1 nightlies that you can go after.

Ah, so many choices, so little time.

Exactly. I was on cm10.1 4.2 way before sprint released it.

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Exactly. I was on cm10.1 4.2 way before sprint released it.

How is CyanogenMod 10.1? I'm currently on CM10 stable for my SGSII and I'm a bit skeptical on using it. There are CM monthly snapshots with JB 4.2.2, but I'm just curious since I don't want to risk a hard brick. I've JTAG'ed too many SGSII already.

O13

May 6, 2011
Visit site
How is CyanogenMod 10.1? I'm currently on CM10 stable for my SGSII and I'm a bit skeptical on using it. There are CM monthly snapshots with JB 4.2.2, but I'm just curious since I don't want to risk a hard brick. I've JTAG'ed too many SGSII already.

I'm on slim bean 4.2.2 it's awesome battery life for me no problems or anything for me good call quality too

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm on slim bean 4.2.2 it's awesome battery life for me no problems or anything for me good call quality too

With my experience, most Jellybean 4.2.x ROMs I've used are slower than Jellybean 4.1.x ROMs when it comes to graphic-heavy games, emulators (MAMEDroid suffers the most), and ports of arcade games (Such as Dodonpachi Resurrection, Espgaluda II, etc). CyanogenMod10.1 M3 Snapshot is a little faster, but there's still as much lag present as stock TouchWiz ROMs. I know that most power users prefer to use the latest builds of Android (Honestly, I do too), but since 4.2.2 isn't really working out for me and that it isn't really a huge jump from 4.1.2, I'll be sticking to CM10 stable until such problems are resolved, or if a newer version of Android that's a big step from 4.1.2 JB comes out and is available via AOSP ROMs.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

I love 10.1 it seems its real stable to me?

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I love 10.1 it seems its real stable to me?

IMO, CM10.1 is no doubt very stable to use as a daily driver, but it seems slower compared to older 4.1.x ROMs like CM10, ParanoidAndroid 2.55, etc.
Also, a few games run slower with degradation present in the graphics. The same camera bug crash is present. (switching to the two other modes and switching back to regular camera mode after third mode, which is when the app crashes.)

Nonetheless, CM10.1 is the most stable compared to other 4.2.2- based AOSP ROMs like AOKP MR1.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
IMO, CM10.1 is no doubt very stable to use as a daily driver, but it seems slower compared to older 4.1.x ROMs like CM10, ParanoidAndroid 2.55, etc.
Also, a few games run slower with degradation present in the graphics. The same camera bug crash is present. (switching to the two other modes and switching back to regular camera mode after third mode, which is when the app crashes.)

Nonetheless, CM10.1 is the most stable compared to other 4.2.2- based AOSP ROMs like AOKP MR1.

Mine doesn't do none of those bugs. Maybe u had a bad night fly version.

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Mine doesn't do none of those bugs. Maybe u had a bad night fly version.

Yep, you're right. I was using an M Snapshot of CM10.1 M3 for the SGSII (which is considered a nightly, but more so stable than weeklies), but even stable/milestone JB 4.2.2 ROMs like AOKP JB MR1 and Slim Bean have the same issues with slower performance and reduced game graphics. The mentioned camera crash bug was present in the stable release of CM10 (4.1.2) so I'm guessing that this is a device-exclusive bug. (I really need to start thinking about getting a Nexus device. Those phones REALLY get the most software development)

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
My night fly is on 4.2.2 already im on the latest one with no issues or lag. Even with games.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance