JellyBean update for T Mobile Galaxy S II?

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I need help with Kies. I recently got my phone replaced from the mobile. It currently has 4.0.4 When I plug it to Kies is reads my phone firmware is not supported.. How can it be if is up to date. Please include need help

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Delete your kies on your desktop and download and install latest version of kies.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

fi9ueroa

May 3, 2012
Visit site
I just couldn't wait any longer, I rooted my phone and installed a jelly bean rom, it has been two days, very happy..have not played with it much..not sure if I lost anything yet..so far so good,

albertzelaya

May 15, 2012
Visit site
If you want a stable jb rom go with Jedi jelly 3.1. Other than the bar issue is perfect. I haven't had any problems with it.

I will install the official jb when it comes out.

dobiegillis

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
If you want a stable jb rom go with Jedi jelly 3.1. Other than the bar issue is perfect. I haven't had any problems with it.

I will install the official jb when it comes out.

What's the "bar" issue? I may root mine this weekend. Even though I'm not using it regularly now that I have my Nexus 4 I'm still using the GS2 a backup and want to switch my mp3/workout player over to it from my Nexus S which is unbearably slow on JB. But the GS2 is so cloogy and sluggish on the TMo rom I can't stand it so need to dump the carrier software.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

albertzelaya

May 15, 2012
Visit site
What's the "bar" issue? I may root mine this weekend. Even though I'm not using it regularly now that I have my Nexus 4 I'm still using the GS2 a backup and want to switch my mp3/workout player over to it from my Nexus S which is unbearably slow on JB. But the GS2 is so cloogy and sluggish on the TMo rom I can't stand it so need to dump the carrier software.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

O the bar issue is just doesn't show how many bars you have (signal) it shows 4g And edge and when its transferring data. Just wont show if you have one or two or three or four bars. That is just blank. You still have signal and it works great.

albertzelaya

May 15, 2012
Visit site
There is a fix for the bar issue on jedi jelly. I am rrunning version 3.1. Version 4 is out. Bit I haven't had any problems wig 3.1. Yes a fully functional JB rom without any problems.

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
T mobile gs2 can not get jellybean , it can only go as high as ics.
Source : samsung
Can you say, root !

Can you provide a more specific source? Like providing a URL? I'm pretty sure that T-Mobile version of GSII will get the jelly bean update. Samsung already rolled out the jelly bean update for international version of GSII. We have a better specs than international version.. So why not us?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

beefcake6972

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Can you provide a more specific source? Like providing a URL? I'm pretty sure that T-Mobile version of GSII will get the jelly bean update. Samsung already rolled out the jelly bean update for international version of GSII. We have a better specs than international version.. So why not us?

After updating my phone to what I thought was jellybean via Samsung kies, and realizing it was still ics I actually called Samsung customer service and the man insisted that the gs2 was not capable of upgrading to jellybean, it can go no higher than ics

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
After updating my phone to what I thought was jellybean via Samsung kies, and realizing it was still ics I actually called Samsung customer service and the man insisted that the gs2 was not capable of upgrading to jellybean, it can go no higher than ics

Well how come the international version got the jelly bean update?

albertzelaya

May 15, 2012
Visit site

Really?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-05-17-41-31.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-05-17-41-31.png
    66.5 KB · Views: 32