JellyBean update for T Mobile Galaxy S II?

O13

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Just root ur phone an install a ROM ders lots of jb ROMs ders even 4.2 jb

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

monepone

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Supposedly, we'll be getting JB (4.1.2) on T989 in the next few days... I've held out rooting/ROMing this phone since Nov., so I think I can hold out the remainder of Feb. in hope that it arrives sooner rather than later. I haven't called T-Mobile myself, but several T989 owners calling to inquire about the JB update in the past couple of days report that they heard a pre-recorded message saying that there will be an update for our phone soon and they will be notified on the phone. Though, it's debatable as to whether this is the JB update or the recent ICS security update that T-Mobile is refering to. Could be either, but I'm not sure the ICS security update really warrants a pre-recorded message. I think T-Mobile must be recieving a lot of calls about the JB update if they felt the need to do a pre-recorded message.

Last edited:

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Supposedly, we'll be getting JB (4.1.2) on T989 in the next few days... I've held out rooting/ROMing this phone since Nov., so I think I can't hold out the remainder of Feb. in hope that it arrives sooner rather than later. I haven't called T-Mobile myself, but several T989 owners calling to inquire about the JB update in the past couple of days report that they heard a pre-recorded message saying that there will be an update for our phone soon and they will be notified on the phone. Though, it's debatable as to whether this is the JB update or the recent ICS security update that T-Mobile is refering to. Could be either, but I'm not sure the ICS security update really warrants a pre-recorded message. I think T-Mobile must be recieving a lot of calls about the JB update if they felt the need to do a pre-recorded message.

Finally, a very helpful info! Thanks..... I can't wait for the jelly bean update... Can you predict or guess the date of the update?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Awww.. Darn! I had a live chat at Samsung homepage and asked about the jelly bean date for SGH-T989 and they said they don't have the info yet....

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

albertzelaya

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I can't wait. But this is just upsetting. Ill just keep running Jedi jelly 3.5. I know 5 is out. But I have no problems with this one. I hope T-Mobile or Samsung release the update for the t989.

IgorPunck

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Guyyyys :(
Just bought a used Samsung S2X (telus/t-mobile version)
Any suggestions for my T989, originally locked to Telus (Canada), just unlocked it, so now it's with Rogers. Tried updating it with Kies, but Kies won't even recognize the device. I rooted it with THIS guide. FYI i couldn't upgrade via Keys even before rooting.

Kernel: 2.6.35.11
Model # SGH-T989D
Basband: T989DTLKJ3
Build # GINGERBREAD.TLKJ3

Any suggestions? THANKS!!!

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Asked T-Mobile about the Jelly Bean update for SGH-T989... They said they are working on it.... I wish they would update our phones to Jelly Bean on early April. :)

Attachments

• Capture23.PNG
    Capture23.PNG
    54.8 KB · Views: 64

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU TO CHILL OUT!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

I think you are the one should calm down. I created this forum for people who are waiting for JB update for TMO GS2. and Sprint released the update today. Now LEAVE.

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I think you are the one should calm down. I created this forum for people who are waiting for JB update for TMO GS2. and Sprint released the update today. Now LEAVE.

Why don't you have patience? Its an update that IS BOUND to happen so why sit here and complain about the Sprint S2 getting it. Again, the more you worry about the update the longer it'll seem until it arrives.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21